Warhead Convoy

I have some pictures on my website www.fototruck.com in the ‘‘GALLERIES’’ section called ‘‘WARHEAD CONVOY’’ of the Armoured Foden’s and support vehicles that travel around the country. These were all taken by me, but I always am on the lookout for more quality images to add to my collection. I am also especially interested in the AEC Mammoth Major 6 wheel rigids which were in service before the Fodens… Any help would be most appreciated, this is a very rarely covered subject.

saw one on the M6 toll road a few weeks ago - the convoy seemed to be more numerous than ones i’d seen before :question: sorry no photos though

Come on guys… a few of you reading this will have served on the ASU and driven them… I know photos are tricky, I have been down the official route and was promised a few bits and pieces by the RAF and then MOD Police, but they never materialised as I thought they might not. Guy I work with now used to drive them, he has told me a wee bit about them but isn’t really that interested and I don’t like bothering him too much. That’s why I stuck my neck out a bit and went and took my pictures as they trundled about the countryside. They spoke to me a few times, very civil and polite and said they didn’t mind me taking pictures, as long as they could see me and knew who I was. I even had one of the MDP Officers shield me from the traffic with his bike whilst I took some pictures, although obviously he was more concerned about my safety than if I got good photos or not, which I did, so cheers!

But need more… And does anybody have a copy of the old Commercial Motor and possibly TRUCK/ TRUCK & DRIVER which had some features or pictures in many years ago? Don’t know when I’m afraid, I’m only going on heresay.