Warburtons

When Warburtons opened Gilberdyke depot many years ago. I knew a lot of lads who went on the bread vans, they were run ragged and not many could hack it. It is worth asking plenty of relevant questions and it will be probably good experience.

craigiej:
no mate i cant get nothing at all im really struggling :imp: i passed november and cant get a sniff mate if you here of anything give me a weeee shout would you :smiley:

Yes of course mate. Might be worth ringing them up and asking if they have anything going?

One thing you can do, go into your local shops and see if they sell Warburtons bread, your geographical position could be an advantage as many companies use outbased drivers.

Hi Sam, you’ll gain a lot more experience driving on multi drop work than you will driving for the council. You’ll be working under your own steam, making your decisions and you won’t have a cab full of bin men!! I can appreciate the cost of hacking across to Bellshill every day but I think the extra experience and confidence you will gain will put you in a far better position when you move on to bigger motors and longer runs in the future, best of luck to you mate whatever your decision. :smiley:

Hey,

Ive got an interview on Thursday also 26 with minmum experience although i do have plenty of commercial driving experience bus,7.5 etc,

Any ideas of the wage? my commute is approx 23miles each way but motorway all the way :smiley: and early starts dont bother me.
Ive heard they are a good company to work for but ive heard numerous figures with regards to the pay.

Cheers

TruckBhoy:
Hey,

Ive got an interview on Thursday also 26 with minmum experience although i do have plenty of commercial driving experience bus,7.5 etc,

Any ideas of the wage? my commute is approx 23miles each way but motorway all the way :smiley: and early starts dont bother me.
Ive heard they are a good company to work for but ive heard numerous figures with regards to the pay.

Cheers

did u get your call today or did u get it on Sunday ?

Today why do u ask? Cheers

TruckBhoy:
Hey,

Cheers

You can’t live too far from Kilmarnock then unless you’re travelling south to Bellshill?

Absolutely no idea of the pay but thinking of giving the interview a miss myself for a number of reasons.

TruckBhoy:
Today why do u ask? Cheers

Because it was me who phoned to cancel my interview for tomorrow :laughing: that’s why I’m confirming that u got the call today.

I left a message with HR because I’m not leaving full time employment to go into something that’s not g’teed, they are only offering 12 weeks ( could be longer ) and its not worth the risk for me at this present time. and role is down as sales/driver . so good luck to you , and Sam, should be ok for you both as when i was talking to them they had a few positions available.

Stay Renfrewshire area will go along and see what is said tbh I’m in a dead end job with low pay and long hrs right now so if it’s only 3 months work then so be it. It’s difficult getting an opportunity these days because I hold my pcv licence their is always jobs going around maybe not so many these days but there’s always something so I won’t be out of work long if I’m successful and then paid off in 12 weeks.