Warburtons

Hi All,

Anyone know what they are like to work for as a class 2 driver? What’s the interview / assessment like?

Many thanks

Andy

dont know about interview but i live within a stones throw of warbys bolton , infact i can sometimes smell the bread . ive known a few of the drivers over the years and they seem to stay a long time , ive applied in the past for class one work and been told you have to shoot someone to get on with them so they cant be bad. decent tackle aswell from what i see .

Which depot are you planning to go to ?

Anyone know what they are like to work for as a class 2 driver? What’s the interview / assessment like?

Many thanks

Andy
[/quote]

I recently applied for a class 2 job at warburtons…

Firstly you will be invited to a psychometric testing session, you ave two tests to test your literacy and numeracy skills. If successful in that you will be invited back for a driving assessment, and then you will be invited to your final interview which consists of a presentation, 2 team building exercises and the interview.

I didnt get a job there even though I was successful in the interview tests and driving assesment, maybe my team building exercise let me down a bit but i dd put effort into this too and help out… Looks like they took on the agancy drivers who had been working for them for the last 12 weeks. They like people who are good team players and are up for being more than just a ‘driver’ ie always looking to progress up the ranks to team leader or management etc…

half 3 starts, weekend and bank holiday work, 30 drops the norm i was told depending on route. finished by 12 though.

masetheace:

Firstly you will be invited to a psychometric testing session, you ave two tests to test your literacy and numeracy skills. If successful in that you will be invited back for a driving assessment, and then you will be invited to your final interview which consists of a presentation, 2 team building exercises and the interview.

Geezzuuss H! What’s it all coming to!?!

Literacy and numeracy tests! Presentation and team building exercises!! All this to deliver friggin’ bread!

It’s so ridiculous it’s laughable.

:unamused: :unamused:

I’ve seen some of their drivers wearing ties!!!

ANDY1961:

masetheace:

Literacy and numeracy tests! Presentation and team building exercises!! All this to deliver friggin’ bread!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

thats me out as well.

ANDY1961:

masetheace:

This^, many many times this^.

Coffeeholic:

ANDY1961:

masetheace:

Yes,but if you knead the dough!

Doh :unamused:

Coffeeholic:

ANDY1961:

masetheace:

I wonder looking at this load of ■■■■■ whether they asked if you actually had a driving licence? The basic qualification for the job :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

brados:
I wonder looking at this load of [zb] whether they asked if you actually had a driving licence? The basic qualification for the job :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Don’t worry if you haven’t, apparently you can get your team to build you one.

Coffeeholic:

brados:
I wonder looking at this load of [zb] whether they asked if you actually had a driving licence? The basic qualification for the job :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Don’t worry if you haven’t, apparently you can get your team to build you one.

this :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Delivering bread is just part of the job,you will be primarily a salesman for the products you will have to account for stock delivered and collected as you issue the paperwork thats why the numercy and litercy is important so the correct figures are relayed to head office. The team building is all part of making you more customer focused.

The Coca Cola Kid:
Delivering bread is just part of the job,you will be primarily a salesman for the products you will have to account for stock delivered and collected as you issue the paperwork thats why the numercy and litercy is important so the correct figures are relayed to head office. The team building is all part of making you more customer focused.

This is all ■■■■■■■■!!! Counting palletts/cages and writing your name and a few numbers on a sheet of paper. I’ve got a 7 year old that can count and write…

It’s driving a bread lorry with possibly a little bit of ‘do you wanna buy a loaf thrown in’

I’d say if they are so pedantic, they’ll be a pain in the arse to work for…If they can’t suss out a reasonably bright driver without resorting to all that ■■■■■■■■, they need to get their recruitment staff changed! :wink:

I worked there for a few weeks through agency, no interview, no assesement.
quick photocopy of licence, then its theres your route, satnav, truck keys, point you to your bread and get on with it.

Truckulent:

The Coca Cola Kid:

This is all ■■■■■■■■!!! Counting palletts/cages and writing your name and a few numbers on a sheet of paper. I’ve got a 7 year old that can count and write…

It’s driving a bread lorry with possibly a little bit of ‘do you wanna buy a loaf thrown in’

I’d say if they are so pedantic, they’ll be a pain in the arse to work for…If they can’t suss out a reasonably bright driver without resorting to all that [zb], they need to get their recruitment staff changed! :wink:

And I’d be tempted to say that a driver with your attitude wouldn’t get a look in anyway. ■■■■■■■■ or not, it’s a buyers market out there and there are obviously plenty of people out there who do want to progress beyond the exalted rank of “just a driver”.

ive also done it on the agency out of normanton, i did a couple of night shifts and refused to go back in again. boring work lugging the bread to back of the trailer i just plain couldnt be bothered with the job.

I applied to work for them in 2005, I did all the interviews etc. It took over 5 months from sending application 10 August 2005 to start date 30 January 2006. Something that put me off was a different route every week, which suits some, I was interested in class 1 but I had lost interest by then.

im sure i heard they were in financial trouble