Warburtons

Hi everyone.

A Warburtons depot is looking for drivers, early starts mind. Wage is over £600 per week advertised.
Anyone worked for them? What’s the shifts like, it does include weekends, I wonder how many Sundays are included? Any advice?

Simple answer go and find out for yourself and ask the any questions you want answers to then. Ask on here and you will more than likely get as much negative as positive.

It tells you on their website.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

He’s using his loaf and asking for other experiences.

I did nights…

For Warby’s and it’s quite possible to have a huge stack of bread over even with good wheels and a flat surface. You’d be surprised at how many times your toast has been ‘squeezed’ back into shape.

After admitting that I’ve had a cage or two over the tail-lift recently in another thread, it’s starting to dawn on me that I’m quite useless at cage work.

rearaxle:

The website doesn’t give information on how the shifts work. I’m looking at the opinions of drivers who’ve or do work for them. Maybe an example of a shift. Haven’t seen any drivers recently to ask, despite me keeping a look out.

RogerOut:

rearaxle:

The website doesn’t give information on how the shifts work. I’m looking at the opinions of drivers who’ve or do work for them. Maybe an example of a shift. Haven’t seen any drivers recently to ask, despite me keeping a look out.

Varies from depot to depot. Ring them and ask : 0800 243 684

loads of dough…for those wages you would have to be half baked not to try it out,if your feeling a little stale in your present job give it a go ,a fresh lease of life until you get browned off and need a change

…and then the job is toast!

In the past 3 months,5 drivers have left their Wednesbury depot to join my company,(which is no great shakes,and pays considerably less money )…which speaks volumes :open_mouth:

RogerOut:

rearaxle:

You after trunking or multi drop.

Multidrop - Load your own wagon yourself, pick orders as you go around your run, tip empties on return to depot. Some drivers take to it, others don’t. The drivers who take to it are usually knocking off at about 11am on a 4am start, sometimes earlier so plenty of time at home.

Trunking - What you’d expect but it’s assisted load/tip which isn’t everybodies cup of tea, normally just involves pushing the dollies off the ramp where they get picked up by the warehouse & vice versa. The fixed deckers are a PITA going up & down the scissor lift. You just get a run sheet & left to get on with it.

Is it realistic to finish between 11am and 1 pm then on this job?

Never worked for them but used to drive a forklift for a company beside them in Bellshill.
The trucks would generally start to come back about 10.30-11.00 latest I ever saw one come back was about 1 o’clock

RogerOut:

I have a mate works for them, that money is definitely in the ball park. From what he tells me he is regularly finished before 1200, the downside is the early start of 0400, but the job suits him. If I wasn’t long retired (2012) that where I would be heading for a job. Regards Kev.

RogerOut:

I’d say…

About 85% of the time, yes it is. Trunking on nights, everyone in the warehouse wants to go home and if they’re waiting on you for the last load, it’ll all be off before you’ve got up on the dock.

I certainly wouldn’t book plane tickets based on transport finishing times though, ever!

I never did it but I worked for Warburtons in the factory

I did a trial with them

It’s 9.25 hours paid per day, 4am - 115pm

After 115 it’s your own time, no OT paid

Strange shift pattern all over the place, to the effect of 4 on 2 off 3 on 2 off 4 on 3 off etc - or something like that

25-30 drops per shift and you need to learn the bread codes to make the day easier

Some of them had been doing it for donkeys years and loved it, others hated it

Management toxic from what I could gather