Warburtons Bellshill

Hi all been offered a driving assessment and interview with this company for a full time multi drop class 2 position has anyone worked for them before to give me a heads up on what they are like

A few years ago I had Intervat the castleford depot,shift pattern included weekends and bank holidays and he said only days they don’t work are Xmas day and Easter Sunday,
I wasn’t bothered about weekends because he said you start at 3-4am and done between 10-11am,great I thought,
I turned it down in the end as over that weekend I saw loads of trucks delivering to shops on a weekend well after dinner time,
Also I wasn’t getting a regular route and was going to be doing a different one each day,and when your doing 20 -30 drops it’s not good.
No idea if they do that many but that’s what he said in the interview

I worked for Warburtons Bristol for years

Not as a driver but I know the drill with them

4am start 5 / 7 (4 week rotating shift pattern)

Salary paid til 115pm, anything after that is effectively free

25 drops on some rounds, you need to know all the bread codes and I’ve heard to get the job done in reasonable time working through your breaks is not uncommon

They come in at 4, drag all the stacks of bread into the trucks - pick the orders or do it out on the road, it’s a lot of manual labour from what I could tell

n

I met one of their drivers in Aberfoyle a few years ago. Asked about the job, he said he liked it had been there for years. I offered to watch his back for him but no need as truck was festooned in cameras.

These sort of jobs are all the same really; hard going at first whilst you find your feet and get them under the table. Many drop out early on but once you have the job down to an art, know the customers and land yourself a regular run it’s easy street. Up early, do your run on autopilot, you’ll be on first name terms with the shopkeepers and home for lunch. You will bump into plenty of good blokes who will have been doing it for donkeys years and happy.