Warburtons Bellshill

Has anybody had any recent experience of Warburtons in Bellshill or know anything about job?

Cheers

I worked there for 6 months and it has to be worst job I ever had. The team leaders are a waste of space and back stab each other something terriable, your contract is any 5 over 7 so that means you work 6 days in a trot and 2 off, so other words you will be working most weekends. And expect every second week for your days off to be split

There are groups of drivers and you start of the bottom of the group as the holiday/spare driver, other words you will be passed about like a scudbook. They only way you will get your own run is well… you won’t because there are at least 20 drivers who have been there for years who are waiting it out who think 28grand a year is amazing for 6 on 2 off and 3am starts and your days off to be changed at last minute and not to be told.

You also have to build your own orders, so first 2 hours of the day are doing that. The also have fleetboard monitoring for the trucks so expect somebody that hasn’t drove a truck in ten years plus tell you that your driving is wrong. Put it this way, one week I was no.1 on board then next week I was at bottom because I had couple of harsh brakes so got a warning don’t think they was happy when I said should have just ran the person over or in to the back of the other driver least I wouldn’t have had harsh brake then. They give out warnings for nothing or even sack guys for stupid things, I got a warning for filling out a paper tach chart wrong for driving there sprinter van, that’s rite you have to fill out charts even though van doesn’t have a tachos and if your stuck in the bakery you will have to fill a chart out and as a spare driver you spend lots of days stuck in there pushing bread baskets about but they don’t tell you any of this fella

Put it this way they started 7 new drivers in December 2015 and I was last man standing in may 2016, there are better jobs out there for same or better money

Cheers for info m8

Tommy7437:
Has anybody had any recent experience of Warburtons in Bellshill or know anything about job?

Cheers

Yep, I do Agency there.

Process frigging mad and silly with it. You get about a 100 page booklet about procedures you have to sign but you don’t get a copy!! Every time you go in they give you 5/6 pages to fill in. I did this 2 days running and licence checks. I said I did this yesterday (a Saturday), ah but we have to do this every week. …and Sunday is a new week!

Perhaps they don’t know that DVSA don’t work on Saturdays and Sundays so if I weren’t banned on the Saturday how could I be the next day?

Apart from that…

Sand Fisher:

Tommy7437:

Cheers

Yep, I do Agency there.

Process frigging mad and silly with it. You get about a 100 page booklet about procedures you have to sign but you don’t get a copy!! Every time you go in they give you 5/6 pages to fill in. I did this 2 days running and licence checks. I said I did this yesterday (a Saturday), ah but we have to do this every week. …and Sunday is a new week!

Perhaps they don’t know that DVSA don’t work on Saturdays and Sundays so if I weren’t banned on the Saturday how could I be the next day?

Apart from that…

How many drops a day roughly? Whats your typical shift length? Cheers

M8 I got your pm but not sure how to reply to it, what experience do u have?? And what type of work are u looking for, general haul, store deliverys, construction services, waste services■■?

Tommy7437:

Sand Fisher:

Tommy7437:

Cheers

Yep, I do Agency there.

Apart from that…

It all varies on drops and days, Monday, Wednesday, fridays are the busiest days. U can expect to start at 3/4 in morning and being new you probs won’t get finished before 2 but when u start to learn runs then u will get quicker finish but other thing is you get passed about that much it take for every to learn a run

smallsie:

Tommy7437:

Sand Fisher:

Tommy7437:

Cheers

Yep, I do Agency there.

Apart from that…

It all varies on drops and days, Monday, Wednesday, fridays are the busiest days. U can expect to start at 3/4 in morning and being new you probs won’t get finished before 2 but when u start to learn runs then u will get quicker finish but other thing is you get passed about that much it take for every to learn a run

Cheers m8, thats the info i was after. Appreciated :wink: