Warburtons assessment

Hi, heading to my first interview tomorrow with warburtons and got a few quick questions.

Anyone know what gearbox I should expect at bellshill? What would be the most appropriate clothing? I figured a shirt with workie trousers and boots? They stated that I need to bring boots and a hi vis.

Cheers

Elniniol999

ill answer my own question… :laughing:

it was a straight 6 DAF.

interview went really well, but was nervous on the assessment as it was only my 6th time ever behind the wheel. made some mistakes and i found it difficult to get used to pulling off in first gear. the assessor told me that this is their policy to enhance fuel efficiency and clutch wear.

i felt as though pulling off in first that i needed to change gear virtually instantly into second - as in pretty much get the vehicle rolling then change.

thanks for the info. so did you pass it?

dont know yet!

they are recruiting for 5/6 drivers between bellshill and eurocentral from a narrowed down 16 candidates. they are finishing off interviews on monday so guess ill find out one way or another next week

I got an interview as well. Interview went well lasted around 80 mins then the driving assessment basically a circle around motherwell new Stevenson bellshill viewpark and on to A8 at showcase up to euro central. Found the vehicle I was in gears were stiff and difficult to pick. Was an old 55 plate so had seen better days. Was only my 3rd drive in a " lorry" so I think I did ok. Just need to wait till Monday now.

sounds like the same DAF mate. i got the knock back email this afternoon so i have asked for feedback.

You go from Euro central? I haven’t had any word yet but they did say on Tuesday that it would be Monday before I heard anything.

yea i did mate. said the same to me but got the mail today :frowning:

If this is C stuff then its hard graft. I did bread from Allied Bakeries, hated every minute of it. The nature of the job is rush because people need the bread for when they open. Plus they only made the big orders, you had to make the smaller ones in the truck on route.

Mr kipling is advertising for drivers. Said you have to be exceedingly good though