Warburtons 7.5t drivers

Has anyone worked for them delivering via sat nav built in etc!! Lol
Was interested if it’s any good?
4am start n early finish.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

I’ve not worked for them but used to see one guy constantly delivering to same store I did.

Job looks piece of ■■■■ and bread is light so you won’t break ya back.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

JaxDemon:
I’ve not worked for them but used to see one guy constantly delivering to same store I did.

That’s what I thought but no harm getting a bit of feed back. Lol

Same as Jax, I’ve not worked for them but whilst I was doing my days at Alpha in the summer there was a driver that worked for the bakers in Bredbruy, He said it was ■■■■ easy job with ■■■■ ton of over time, problem with starting that early, it’s not really an early finish your still doing 8-10 hours a day.

Used to be a team leader at Newburn Newcastle, good job and well paid. Decent trucks well maintained. Not heavy job but up to 50 drops depending on route and location. Done on epod
Hope that helps

tommymanc:
Same as Jax, I’ve not worked for them but whilst I was doing my days at Alpha in the summer there was a driver that worked for the bakers in Bredbruy, He said it was ■■■■ easy job with [zb] ton of over time, problem with starting that early, it’s not really an early finish your still doing 8-10 hours a day.

8-10 hours is practically part time compared to a lot of other jobs pal! :laughing:

Trev1313:
Used to be a team leader at Newburn Newcastle, good job and well paid. Decent trucks well maintained. Not heavy job but up to 50 drops depending on route and location. Done on epod
Hope that helps

Thanks for that Trev1313
What sort of money are they on is it commission based? Seems to be a good job if you can get in ?

Evil8Beezle:

tommymanc:
Same as Jax, I’ve not worked for them but whilst I was doing my days at Alpha in the summer there was a driver that worked for the bakers in Bredbruy, He said it was ■■■■ easy job with [zb] ton of over time, problem with starting that early, it’s not really an early finish your still doing 8-10 hours a day.

8-10 hours is practically part time compared to a lot of other jobs pal! :laughing:

Just checked my working hours over the past 12 months (no POA). Average 40 hours a week :wink:

Roymondo:

Evil8Beezle:

tommymanc:

8-10 hours is practically part time compared to a lot of other jobs pal! [emoji38]

Just checked my working hours over the past 12 months (no POA). Average 40 hours a week :wink:

That’s sounds OK…are you a driver for them?

pbc453:

Roymondo:

Evil8Beezle:

tommymanc:

8-10 hours is practically part time compared to a lot of other jobs pal! [emoji38]

That’s sounds OK…are you a driver for them?

No - I was just commenting on EB’s remark about “part time” hours.

JaxDemon:

Yeah bread is light :unamused: 1 loaf is ? each basket is norm 12 loaves x that by 12 or 13 baskets then x that by40 or 50 + stacks, then you have each delivery planned by time +the uplift of wheels and baskets yeah easy work if you get straight drops we had guys having to back track 30 miles to drop 1 basket because the customer wouldn’t allow drop and drive even though the petrol station was right next to the store and nope he wasn’t allowed to drop it at the store it had to be into the station, it ain’t all roses.

nick2008:

JaxDemon:

Yeah bread is light :unamused: 1 loaf is ? each basket is norm 12 loaves x that by 12 or 13 baskets then x that by40 or 50 + stacks, then you have each delivery planned by time +the uplift of wheels and baskets yeah easy work if you get straight drops we had guys having to back track 30 miles to drop 1 basket because the customer wouldn’t allow drop and drive even though the petrol station was right next to the store and nope he wasn’t allowed to drop it at the store it had to be into the station, it ain’t all roses.

I think you’ve confirmed the point being made - 12 x 800g loaves is around 10kg per basket. 12 or 13 baskets is 120-130kg which certainly will not break anyone’s back simply pulling/pushing them around. Repeating the process 40 or 50 times might be a bit tiring, but it’s still a walk in the park compared to hauling 700 or 1000kg around in one go.

Roymondo:

nick2008:

JaxDemon:

I think you’ve confirmed the point being made - 12 x 800g loaves is around 10kg per basket. 12 or 13 baskets is 120-130kg which certainly will not break anyone’s back simply pulling/pushing them around. Repeating the process 40 or 50 times might be a bit tiring, but it’s still a walk in the park compared to hauling 700 or 1000kg around in one go.

Definitely easier then working for Brakes or Palmer and Harveys with the cages loaded with pop and beer haha