Wanted: photos of C & H Hauliers Ltd

Ah thanks for the pics they bring back memories of the many yrs i spent running into tilbury to load,and the many hrs i sat waiting lol.

Dave.

shade:
STRAIGHTEIGHT… apologies mate, sods law , Iv’e not been into Tilbury since I posted before

Typical :unamused:

not good enough! :laughing: :wink:

Excellent pics, them ECXs still look for their age, and i bet they’ve done some clicks as well :wink:

That ECX had the 420 ■■■■■■■ in, it had done about 750 Thousand when the company sold it in Sepember last year, that was the last ERF that C&H had on the road, there are 2 old E series shunters in the yard and a few MAN’s based in Felixstowe, the rest of the fleet are all Mercedes Actros 2546’s, anything else in C&H/Gee’s livery are owner operator sub contractors

Thanks for that info Way4ward, i was wondering how many ERFs they had left. I saw both the shunters a Tilbury last year, they still looked quite tidy then. Got any photos of their old Ferry Lane yard?, i used to pass there alot on the way to Cleanaway’s land-fill just up the road. :smiley: :wink:

I do have a few taken at rainham i will dig them out and post them here

Courtesy Of Davey And Jim

AND FINALLY

ENJOY !!![/b]

Well, what can i say? fantastic pics there Way forward, EXCELLENT!!! :smiley: :smiley:
The 2 C series parked together i recognise, the C&H livered ‘lady irene’ was featured in the ‘truck in service’ series in TRUCK magazine in 1986 and had a 8LXCT 300 Gardner and the newer C187 VLA was the last new C series bought by C&H and had the 15.5LTR 6LYT 320. Brill mate, keep 'em coming!! :wink:

A FEW PICS TAKEN AT FERRY LANE YARD

“THE ROAR OF DUST N DIESEL”

AND FINALLY A PICTURE RARER THAN A SHOT OF THE LOCH NESS MONSTER

Loverly old job Way4ward!! Excelent pics once again :smiley: , love the shot of that E16 pullin out, can almost hear the roar of that big Gardner! brill mate :smiley: :smiley: :wink:
p.s.
why’s that photo at the end so rare then■■? :confused:

If You Knew then you would know why !!!

Here’s a few more courtesy of Davey

Dunno why but the new forum is chopping off the right hand side of all the photos… Progress i s’pose

way4ward:
Dunno why but the new forum is chopping off the right hand side of all the photos… Progress i s’pose

Fabulous pics mate, and thanks to Davey!! This advertising strip is getting on my ■■■■ mate, its a right nightmare aint it! Proper dusty old yard that ferry lane site, must have been ripe in the summer with that land-fill up the road!! Great pics though mate, priceless history now, changed a bit round there now! :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

( language edit ) jd

By Jove i think they have fixed it… Hurrah…
I can view the pics ok now, Can you all ■■

yes i can see them ok and they are bloody good photo’s.

Cheers ! Theres a few more of mine if ya click the link below :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=41886

A Few More In The Snow

A couple of one of the Aerospace division at heathrow motors

A Lovely motor

What ya got in ya Lunch Box Spice Boy ?

Sorry its taken so long, but heres my C & H photo.