Wanted! John Marsh (Blackpool Van Trans)

Did any trucknetters out there drive any of the old Seddon Atkinson’s, Dennison’s, or ERF’s for Blackpool Van Transport?? would love to hear a bit about the firm and see some pics of their old wagons, they always used to look quite tidy for their age, cheers, Chris :wink:

STRAIGHT EIGHT:
Did any trucknetters out there drive any of the old Seddon Atkinson’s, Dennison’s, or ERF’s for Blackpool Van Transport?? would love to hear a bit about the firm and see some pics of their old wagons, they always used to look quite tidy for their age, cheers, Chris :wink:

Excellent pics 240, were the Borderers with the extended head boards ex-suttons 8 pots??

Cant find anymore at the moment
They did operate a Seddon Atkinson that came from T Bell Galashiels
Think it was a PKS ___S reg
Brian

STRAIGHT EIGHT:
Excellent pics 240, were the Borderers with the extended head boards ex-suttons 8 pots??

It’s a Sutton’s roof, maybe the whole cab, but not a Sutton’s lorry. When I went to Marsh’s garage looking for Mk.1 Atki cab
bits in the mid-80s, they had a complete spare Sutton’s Mk.1 cab there, also with the ‘knob’ on the roof.

There are a couple of survivors from the BVT Atki fleet: YTE 885N shown above - the last I heard it was with Ken Abram -
and HXG 442L, still very active with the Steam Transport Group, carrying small steam locos about.

240 Gardner:

STRAIGHT EIGHT:

It’s a Sutton’s roof, maybe the whole cab, but not a Sutton’s lorry. When I went to Marsh’s garage looking for Mk.1 Atki cab
bits in the mid-80s, they had a complete spare Sutton’s Mk.1 cab there, also with the ‘knob’ on the roof.

There are a couple of survivors from the BVT Atki fleet: YTE 885N shown above - the last I heard it was with Ken Abram -
and HXG 442L, still very active with the Steam Transport Group, carrying small st
eam locos about.

Ahh, yeah, just clocked the scotch reg one of them! Ive seen that steam group Atki, sounds as sweet as a nut, long may it continue!! :smiley:

Could be an old Gibb’s motor ?, Just found a photo. It is an ex Gibbs motor.

The very same :wink:

YTE is still parked up against the fence in Abrams yard - next to Spa Lane. It hasn’t moved for at least 5 years that I know of.

bedgar047:
Could be an old Gibb’s motor ?, Just found a photo. It is an ex Gibbs motor.

Well detected Bedgar!!!, looks lovely there.

I remember them well, what ever happened to them.

BVT closed down in 1996, ultimately due to contract customers holding back payment, that coupled with the ever increasing costs ect. My Grandfather, Peter Haworth, decided enough was enough, after some 40 years building the firm to what it was then.
When i get time I will maybe start a new thread on BVT?, I have alot of photos and info on the fleet through the years, I also own the 2 atki borderers 240 Gardner has posted in above photo, YTE and FXG. :slight_smile:

chrish0877:
I have alot of photos and info on the fleet through the years, I also own the 2 atki borderers 240 Gardner has posted in above photo, YTE and FXG. :slight_smile:

Until then, perhaps we can have a look at flickr.com/photos/37057102@N04/ to keep us going!

Added to say, If any body comes accross, or has any photos of BVT (John Marsh & Sons) vehicles, old or more recent, I would love to see them. There wasnt that many pics (although I have a good collection) taken in the past, and when I was there I never had time! But I do know alot were taken by other people through the years, both in the yard and on the road. I can be contacted on here or email-warpspeed@hotmail.co.uk.

Cheers, Chris :smiley:

STRAIGHT EIGHT:

240 Gardner:

STRAIGHT EIGHT:

and HXG 442L, still very active with the Steam Transport Group, carrying small st
eam locos about.

Ahh, yeah, just clocked the scotch reg one of them! Ive seen that steam group Atki, sounds as sweet as a nut, long may it continue!! :smiley:

Just trolling through Chris and came on this thread, I’m sure we have corresponded about it since
I was with Steve Richardson and Stephen Baines when they rescued YTE 885N from Ken Abram’s yard earlier last year. (see pictures)
As an update Steve called at my house on Saturday evening and in the course of our chat I asked about YTE 885N and he told me it had gone back
to BVT transport to be restored. When I put pictures on my web site of the recovery Chris Haworth got in touch with me and sent me pictures of
it when they owned it originally, I also published a b/w picture of it on tow behind an 8 wheeler Atkinson wrecker (did you send me it ? ) Chris
emailed me ref the b/w picture to tell me his Dad was driving the wrecker and he and his brothers are pictured in the cab (small Atki world)
So pleased to see another one being saved regards Big Al

STRAIGHT EIGHT:

240 Gardner:

STRAIGHT EIGHT:

eam locos about.

I just found this picture of Steam Haulage Atki but not the HXG 442L reg one, pictures was taken around Southampton area

regards Big Al

Big Al:

STRAIGHT EIGHT:

240 Gardner:

STRAIGHT EIGHT:
I just found this picture of Steam Haulage Atki but not the HXG 442L reg one, pictures was taken around Southampton area

regards Big Al

I passed this one the Monday before last, heading south between Andover and Salisbury, on its way to the GDSF. Had my window down ready :wink: Sounded well, even though it’s a ■■■■■■■■■

STRAIGHT EIGHT:

Hi SRAIGHT EIGHT
Take a look on moomooland NORTHWEST TRUCK SITE their is a page dedicated to BVT (Its a brilliant site which is geting bigger every day) Take a look mate. :slight_smile:

Cheers stanfield, already sampleing the delights of that site mate, one of the best on the web! :smiley: