Want to buy pro 5150!

Hi

Is anyone selling the tomtom pro 5150? If so then please get in touch.

had a look on price spy im not sure im allwoed posts links here so google it if you wish.
the cheapest i can see one on there for new is £270.00

2nd hand on ebay £204

on amazon the got for £405

Hope this helps

Is this a newer unit than the trucker 6000 / better?

I bought my tomtom trucker 6000 off of amazon for 273

I could sell you mine, but you will hate me afterwards…

ebay.co.uk/itm/TomTom-PRO-51 … 1762011048?

£136 at the moment… :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t bother as they arnt fit for purpose. I’d take a look at this thread if I was you.
TomTom Trucker 6000 + case £239.99
viewtopic.php?t=128137

Garmin dezl 770 great bit of kit never let me down yet

My old 5150 Truck was perfectly fit for purpose. Yes, it had a slow interface, but it always got me where I needed to go and hardly ever put a foot wrong with HGV restrictions. Traffic often got me out of a spot - even when the M1 was closed and A5/A4146 were both jammed as a knock-on effect, it still got me to my destination on time.

There are cheaper alternatives (not sure about live traffic options and quality though), but it isn’t fair to say Tomtom Truck 5150 is not fit for purpose. I’ve got a 6000 now, and it is no more or less fit for purpose than its predecessor. It is different, some features are improved, some not as good.

Thank you all from your replies. Much appreciated. Manage to locate a cheap 2nd hand one on eBay.

NickW88:
Is this a newer unit than the trucker 6000 / better?

I bought my tomtom trucker 6000 off of amazon for 273

The 5150 is effectively the predecessor of the 6000. Somewhat confusingly, the 7000 was the predecessor of the 5150.

That makes lots of sense then…!

I was originally after the Garmin Dezl 770 when I bought my Tom Tom but I managed to get it for £100 less. It’s served me well so far.

If you had a choice between the tomtom trucker 6000 or Garmin DEZL 770 at same price, which would you take?

I’ve never used the Dezl unit but going from my car Garmin if probably get the Garmin

Have a look at this thread I currently use this sat nav and cant fault it. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=128456