Wannabe looking for advice

Evening All,

I have had a look around the site whilst waiting to be approved by admin but haven’t found a specific answer to my questions.

So I am in my early 30s and bored beyond words with office based work and I am looking to do my Class 2 or Cat C as soon as possible with the aim to get class 1 C+E .

I have had a look around and found Red rose training based in Manchester that seem to have a good pricing structure, has anyone had any dealings with them ?

Unforunalty due to youth and being a knob I have a DR10 on my license from May 2009. I m not proud of it and was bang to rights so no excuses just a valuable lesson learnt :cry:

When I have spoken to driving schools about this i have been advised that it wont be a problem as its been over 5 years and classed as “Spent”. From reading this forum I am now starting to doubt this. I was planning on paying for the starter pack tomorrow but would appreciate any feedback if others have found themselves in the same situation. I plan on calling a few agencies tomorrow morning to ask hypothetically if they would be able to get me work.

Any advise or information would be really appreciated.

Hi, and welcome.

Your conviction wont help you. It goes in the same heap of obstacles which include age (in some cases), lack of experience etc.

But, be assured that it’s certainly getting easier to find work as a newbie although you may have to jump a little harder through the hoop.

Try your plan of phoning the agencies - but don’t place too much weight on the answers.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

A, DR 10 must show on your licence for 11 years From date of conviction.

Forget paying or signing up to any training company until you done some more investigating

When I have spoken to driving schools about this i have been advised that it wont be a problem as its been over 5 years and classed as “Spent”. From reading this forum I am now starting to doubt this

The training company hasn’t really guided you correctly on your situation,the training company isn’t going to be offering you a job, at the end of the day they just want to sign you up for training… time spent doesn’t mean anything … DR10 DR20 and DR30 stay on a driving licence for eleven years from date of conviction…
Ring the agency’s and put the hypothetical question about your current situation then you’ll find out your answers…

By all means do the training, see who if anyone is willing to give you a chance…but you’ve got as much chance of finding a blind man in a ■■■■ shop…until that DR10 has cleared your licence… anyway its only 5 years away… tough I know but that’s life…

Hi. I past my class 2 with red rose 14 months ago… i have just been back start of march to do my class 1. But i failed :frowning:
I was comeing of m61 i put my indicator on too early on slip road n got a serious…
Anyhow… my only two complaints about redrose is, had too many coffee/■■■ breaks for my liking (i dont smoke)
I feel the daf cf artics they use are knackerd
The one i was in had 850k on the clock tbh feel the truck was
Hard to learn in as gears was hard to get an lost all power on hills
I am now going to enterprise in manchester doing it in an auto.
Hope this helps

Scott-I have done the opposite to you lol. Started with Enterprise in Mcr and ended up passing C with Red Rose 13 months ago.

Passed C+E last week with them in the knackered CF you spoke about-its now done 900k lol.

OP…the advice you have rec’d regarding driving ■■■■■■ is correct mate. IMO I would leave it a few years as it doesn’t seem a good return on your investment until the conviction is spent. Good on you for realising your mistake and manning up.

Eagerbeaver What are enterprise like? tbh only reason im changeing to enterprise is because work are paying for re test they want me to go there… sorry yo hi-jack your thead johnny_boymk1

Enterprise are ok mate. The problem is that they use Bredbury test centre which along with Leicester(I think),have the lowest pass rates in the country. Around the 35% mark from memory. I googled it a while back. Its a [zb] of a place to pass at IMO;Stockport is a hell of a busy place. One thing I did find with Enterprise was,many occasions of pulling over to discuss progress and calling off at burger vans etc. Not great considering you need as much driving practice as poss.

Yeh not looking forward to that tbh… but suppose ill have to deal with it. Iv had 16 hours at red rose. But work have booked me in for 6h:30min tbh think its more than i need. But by tym i do my re test 6 weeks would have gone by…