Wannabe advice needed

Hi all I’m new to this forum just looking for some advice
Currently been made redundant from my previouse job and had all my training funded including adr the training company has been paid direct so Ive made a start to my theory test and cpc was just looking for some advice as my courses are paid for I’m planing on siting my class 2 in a few weeks but not sure which direction to go after that wether to go strait in to my class 1 or gain some experience in class 2 driving and then on to class 1 I have one year to use up these course bookings any advice is appreciated thanks in advance

Advice on whether to do your class 1 straight after class 2 varies mate. Some say do it ASAP, I say get a couple of months of experience/free practice on class 2 first to make the class 1 test easier.

Best of luck!

I did my class 2 and then booked my class 1 for a month later and passed with 3 minors so didn’t do too bad. If it was me I’d do it this way instead of waiting as if you have both class 1 and 2 there is more chance of getting work. Yes some people say do the class 2 and gain some experience but then I see it as a way of picking up bad habits for your class 1 it might be the same width but will be different to maneuver especially when reversing.

I’d do them close together (not that I did, there was 5 yrs between my 1 & 2) at the end of the day experience “in-job” means little to nothing when taking a test, you are taught to pass a test whilst training so why not try and get both done whilst you are still in that mindset and haven’t picked up or re-applied all those bad habits you get when driving in the real world?

If you can a) afford to, and b) have the self confidence and motivation to do so, why wait?

Reef:
I’d do them close together (not that I did, there was 5 yrs between my 1 & 2) at the end of the day experience “in-job” means little to nothing when taking a test, you are taught to pass a test whilst training so why not try and get both done whilst you are still in that mindset and haven’t picked up or re-applied all those bad habits you get when driving in the real world?

If you can a) afford to, and b) have the self confidence and motivation to do so, why wait?

I agree with Reef. (It was 10 years between my class 2 and class 1 so I win that one) :laughing: