Wanna be lgv driver

hello my name is john and im 21 yr.of age iv been thinking since i was 20 that i want to be a lgv driver people say is bad wage but it is better than were im at now i have passed my theory and hedding to do my cat c in augest. please. is there any advise yous gentlemen could advise me thanks.

This is my standard advice.

Dont expect to earn a fortune as soon as you get your licence - or anytime soon! Few folk get rich driving trucks. But, if it’s what you want to do and you take to it, it’s a good job with a living wage.

When training, keep away from brokers. If they claim to have umpteen branches throughout the UK and promise jobs and keep on about the driver shortage, that’s a broker. If you’re not sure, put the name on here. Someone will tell you.

Always visit trainers before booking and satisfy yourself that this is where you want to spend your hard earned. The only exception is booking on rock solid recommendation.

Hook up with a trainer before you start. A good one will guide you through the whole process and make it as painless as possible.

All the best, any questions, fire away.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

check out the link below in my signature and read many threads by other newbies who passed over the last 12 months to get an idea for the jobs market

thank you for the advise