Walon UK / BCA Automotive

Hiya Guys ,

Just applied for a job as a transporter driver wae this lot out of Mossend. Does anybody know anything about them ?

Thanks

A little search wouldn’t go amiss, there’s still a thread about BCA on page 1 of the forum :unamused:

rivits:
Hiya Guys ,

Just applied for a job as a transporter driver wae this lot out of Mossend. Does anybody know anything about them ?

Thanks

I’d be interested in any info too… I quite fancy a job with them around the Camberley/Blackbushe area where I think they
may have some operations.

I’m an ex Inchcape Automotive transporter driver ( If you’ve heard of them ) they were eventually taken over by Paragon
but not sure how the Walon/BCA job would compare!

Hey Lennoxtown, Paragon sold out to BCA a few months ago.
Wheels within wheels mate, deja vu rules :wink:

Juddian:
Hey Lennoxtown, Paragon sold out to BCA a few months ago.
Wheels within wheels mate, deja vu rules :wink:

Bloody hell… I missed that one! :astonished:

When I left Inchcape ( Corby ) back in 2005 they sold out to Camden Motor Group, then I think
Paragon took them over shortly after… I wouldn’t have minded getting on the transporters now
with BCA at Blackbushe… I loved doing car transporters, but I’m not keen to be out all week any more!

Also, as I only stayed at Inchcape less than two years I only ever drove the old style 9 car artics and never
got around to doing the wagon and drags with more cars… mind you driving the artic around Central London
with the overhanging peak deck was a hair raising experience! Lol :smiley: I see a lot of the artics these days
have had the peak cut off now and can only carry 8 vehicles!

Do you have any info about the operations at BCA @ Camberey/ Blackbushe?

No info at all mate, i’ve been out of the cars meself for 7 years now, only got a few years till retirement so unless someone comes up with a trunking transporter job…and they won’t, that’s my car days over.
Don’t wish too much for one of the new designs, complicated doesn’t begin to describe, i begged to keep me Lohr 10 car cake stand wag and drag, but nope you’ve got to have an 11 plus, bloody nora :unamused: nightmare to learn :open_mouth:

Juddian:
No info at all mate, i’ve been out of the cars meself for 7 years now, only got a few years till retirement so unless someone comes up with a trunking transporter job…and they won’t, that’s my car days over.
Don’t wish too much for one of the new designs, complicated doesn’t begin to describe, i begged to keep me Lohr 10 car cake stand wag and drag, but nope you’ve got to have an 11 plus, bloody nora :unamused: nightmare to learn :open_mouth:

I heard there was day trunking for one of the companies @ Thurrock… may have been ECM, not sure!

When I was doing it I was always told that the artics are harder to drive but easy to load, whereas the wag and drags
are a nightmare to load, with so many possible configurations, but much easier to drive… alas I never got further than
the artics before I left