Walmarts New Truck

check this out also the trlr is made in carbon fibre and 4000 lbs lighter
autos.yahoo.com/news/walmarts-wa … uture-semi

I seriously like that, loads of visibility from that cab, wonder when Asda will start using them? :smiley:

Interesting, it’s about time truck design moved on. I wouldn’t want to be the first to damage it though.

Whilst it may work for day or night shift drivers, there don’t look to be enogh space in the cab for trampers gear , another case of designed by bean counters,
I also wouldn’t like to be an a colision in that thing either

In fairness, I wouldn’t want to be in a collision in the DAF XF I drive every night. That Walmart thing is probably significantly safer.

Being Walmart you will be able to get 2 for three quid.

That looks PIMP. I’ll take
2. I bet it’s like 2 million quid though…

Not a fan of cameras replacing the mirrors, stuff like that plays up/breaks and then your screwed.

Serious piece of plant :exclamation:

13.4 is not overly impressive over here though considering what would be an incredible initial cost, I have managed 11.3 in my XF105.
I can imagine in North America it would be significant due to the constant distances, also that truck looks impractical to me for our roads.

rob22888:
Not a fan of cameras replacing the mirrors, stuff like that plays up/breaks and then your screwed.

+1, definitely.

brados:
13.4 is not overly impressive over here though considering what would be an incredible initial cost, I have managed 11.3 in my XF105.
I can imagine in North America it would be significant due to the constant distances, also that truck looks impractical to me for our roads.

Their gallon is smaller too.

Looks ugly, anybody got keys to the Peterbilt please…!?:lol:

brados:

That 13.4mpg is to the US Gallon, which is 3.77 litres (approx) Rather than Imperial Gallons, so your Daf would need a good tailwind to get that kind of fuel return :open_mouth:

When I am reversing I always hang out the window to get a better view. Doesn’t look like it will be possible if sitting in the middle :open_mouth:

newmercman:

brados:

That 13.4mpg is to the US Gallon, which is 3.77 litres (approx) Rather than Imperial Gallons, so your Daf would need a good tailwind to get that kind of fuel return :open_mouth:

I would need to be going downhill forever lol

brados:

newmercman:

brados:

I would need to be going downhill forever lol

Best kind of hill for any Daf is one going down :laughing:

go on newmercman you know you want one of these, if not perhaps Pat or robinhood_1984 will be along soon to put in their wants. :laughing: :laughing:
ray

is Daf short for Daffodil?

G6Bob:
When I am reversing I always hang out the window to get a better view. Doesn’t look like it will be possible if sitting in the middle :open_mouth:

You missed the point, what will happen when Stobarts get these and the TV crew’s cant call it the “DREADED BLINDSIDE” anymore…