Walking floor trailers

Sorry in advance, i know there have been previous threads on the above but . .
are they only good for getting bulk loads to discharge?
Reason i ask is because i saw a bloke in the back of one today,using a pallet truck to unload :neutral_face:

There’s not a lot you can’t walk out or in! Mine has a problem with euro pallets though, the blocks are spacer wrong, i only have problems walking them in though, can always walk em out!

ashbyspannerman:
There’s not a lot you can’t walk out or in! Mine has a problem with euro pallets though, the blocks are spacer wrong, i only have problems walking them in though, can always walk em out!

I always have to use mats with euros too especially if light and only two across but as above there ain’t a lot that won’t go in or out

On the subjet of walking floor trailers, I’ve just started using one this week to haul compost, but the trailer is left with a 6inch layer of muck on the floor! Any ideas on making my life easier and my trailer emptier. Ta

you need to find an old piece of carpet, lay it in the front of the trailer before loading, it will walk out most of the compost

If the rubber skirt attached to the moving headboard is still in good condition it will take 99 .999 % with it just leaving a small deposit round the edges.

Make sure it’s completely flat before you load.

Do you mean a roll of carpet or just a piece? Sorry just a bit green only started on this job on Monday.

The moving headboard has been removed. Just to make to job easier! :blush:

a strip of carpet ideally 8 foot by 4, if you lay it across the front it will walk out most of the compost, just don’t forget to pull it out of the heap when you’ve tipped!

Get a bit of carpet about 4 inches narrower than the trailer by about 3-4 feet and put down behind the inspection plate should bring it out also when you see it pop out in your mirrors you know your empty :wink: will also help with pushing pallets out

Forrestgrump:
Do you mean a roll of carpet or just a piece? Sorry just a bit green only started on this job on Monday.

The moving headboard has been removed. Just to make to job easier! :blush:

if your only doing the loads of compost and nothing else then I wouldn’t bother with any thing just leave whats left, if not then like others have said a piece of carpet will do :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

First load i ever did on a walking floor was compost, and it was a ‘V’ floor! nobody warned me about how much would be stuck in there! Nowadays i’ve got my moffet on the back of my trailer and 99% of my loads are baled card or plastic, not had the sheet off more than 10 times this year! easy life!!