Walking floor trailer for Tarmac

HA ha 29 tonnes …in your dreams mate, 6 axles and all that ,good for the environment dont make me laugh

This was quite interesting seeing it in action.

Does the paver push the truck, or does the truck creep forward head of it?

hammer:

Sharkyallan:
asphalt (especially the really sticky asphalt like masterpav) unload really well when using a walking floor trailer. there is a moving headboard that sweeps the floor and side walls clean as the trailer unloads. I believe payloads are at about 28.5tonnes depending on the trailer supplier.

And what happens when the moving parts of the headboard wear out?

From you’re two posts so far I’m assuming you have experience in walking floors?

From his two posts so far I’m guessing he has experience in selling walking floors… :grimacing:

slowlane:
This was quite interesting seeing it in action.

Does the paver push the truck, or does the truck creep forward head of it?

Paver pushes it just the same as a 8w.

Thanks adamski! I thought that’s what it looked like.

and it looks like I forgot to link the video I meant :blush:

youtube.com/watch?v=1y0OfKyb5Z8

slowlane:
Thanks adamski! I thought that’s what it looked like.

and it looks like I forgot to link the video I meant :blush:

youtube.com/watch?v=1y0OfKyb5Z8

or this one

youtube.com/watch?v=SH3amy50KEs

Hi.
I would rather “Dig out” from a slightly sloping trailer,than level one,this has been tried in the '60s. On a long journey,the load settled due to the vibration while travelling,when the headboard started to push,it seized up,when dug out and fixed,next thing to go wrong was material getting behind the headboard,due to the sides bowing out,due to pressure from it. Tippers have been tipping for years,yes things go wrong,uneven ground,a suspension air bag bursting mid tip,tipper pipe bursting,failure to spot overhead wires/obstructions,and back to you cannot tip in a shed…
Would a flat trailer and bagged material be able to tip…

The walking floor on environment grounds is a non starter ,on construction ie tar stone ect some one pays for the lack of payload be it the customer ■■? I just do not get it

Heard a rumour One brand new unit and walking floor trailer going into Clitheroe Bankfield quarry, Keith V floor with clean sweep discharge system,Has anybody on this forum had experience of these trailers? i can see them working ok on sand and dry products but not to sure about Masterpave! :frowning:

I drive a legras walking floor which is 10 months old and the seals between the planks on the ‘floor’ are already wearing badly so although I reckon stuff like stone etc would prob be ok I don’t think I would fancy a load of sand as it’s a bit to fine and there would be more under the trailer than through the back doors!! Plus it takes three times as long to tip as a tipper.

Cheers Simon.

We have one of these running sand and ash and is supposed to able to do tarmac aswell

finn tec at leek run a walking floor trailer on contract to tarmac, it has had problems and it has taken a lot of time/work to get it better
there are 1 or 2 about on tarmac now just the latest daft idea from tarmac!
they cost to much
they are in most cases to long
they are to heavy
they have to many wearing parts
also expensive to repair
moose

hanson have some of these type trailers think they are around south east area i seen them working out of st ives cambs,from what i could see it was like a conveyor belt width of the trailer with like a blade that cleaned it as it went round,think they was having more trouble carrying fine stone getting under the belt

a tarmac contractor who collects stone from us has one and i think the payload is well down on a tipper. about 26 ton?

mucker85:
a tarmac contractor who collects stone from us has one and i think the payload is well down on a tipper. about 26 ton?

I think about 27t with ally wheels. I know Tarmac have trialled them but I just wonder how they’ll cope with those ‘rogue’ loads that we all occasionally get where the bitumen passes through the tar and leaves a horrible sticky mess. :angry:

What’s the deal with walking floors? I’ve noticed that over the last few years they seem to be everywhere doing everything. Why the change from conventional tippers that can tip a load in seconds?

8wheels:
What’s the deal with walking floors? I’ve noticed that over the last few years they seem to be everywhere doing everything. Why the change from conventional tippers that can tip a load in seconds?

Walking Floors are a safe way to unload your bulk materials (no lifting of the body into the air) they allow you to unload safely on unstable ground, inside a building underneath trees or power cables. The latest design of V-floor provide the operator with greater versatality.

hammer:

mucker85:

I think about 27t with ally wheels. I know Tarmac have trialled them but I just wonder how they’ll cope with those ‘rogue’ loads that we all occasionally get where the bitumen passes through the tar and leaves a horrible sticky mess. :angry:

asphalt (especially the really sticky asphalt like masterpav) unload really well when using a walking floor trailer. there is a moving headboard that sweeps the floor and side walls clean as the trailer unloads. I believe payloads are at about 28.5tonnes depending on the trailer supplier.

Sharkyallan:

And what happens when the moving parts of the headboard wear out?

From you’re two posts so far I’m assuming you have experience in walking floors?

Back in the '50’s TARMAC had Fordson 4D’s with bodies that discharged by sliding back on the chassis instead of tipping, they REALLY caught on didn’t they? :confused: Have to admit though that having an artic tipping on a paver in high wind must be dodgy, it was bad enough with a six wheeler when we were on the new North Bridge at Doncaster, also for tipping along a slope like the test banking at MIRA where we had a couple roll over years ago!
I still think that there are a lot of mechanical parts that are going to wear out eventually, at the owners expense, plus the floors will buckle with the heat from Hot Rolled etc, or will the ‘walking floor’ guys be on a higher rate per load? :wink:

Pete.