Walkers crisps

Does anon know much about driving for walkers crisps in Leicester ?

Gary Linekers dad was a market trader.

Think most of its agency work…

I am here: tapatalk.com/map.php?jjjq0l

hi my mate drives for them but in warrington he thinks it a good job not bad money he was with an agency for a while with them then they took on about 10 of them i think. hope this helps ,rob

One of my mates works for walkers leicester. He’s on very good money for what he does. However… They’ve recently had isotrack fitted and are having to do quite a bit more work than before.
They work on a “banked hours” system.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Samhollis1987:

Yes = my mate is a permanent driver there and works nights sun to thu

Very occasionally they have a driver recruitment day for permanent drivers but the majority of the time the pick their permanent drivers from the regular agency ones

There is one agency who has an office inside the works for both drivers and other workers

Damned if I can remember what agency that is …

I did one agency day a few years ago there and it was organised fairly well - no hanging around for unit or trailer

they are owned by Pepsico and some of their rules are pedantic such as off sick three times with doctors notes = disciplinary !!

Samhollis1987:

All walkers sites are run like concentration camps, the staff inside are treated like ■■■■, the drivers are treated like fools by half wits who couldn’t run a ■■■■■■■ bath. Watch out for the sycophants that near miss everything you do got one for(walking to fast) across the car park they are owned by Pepsico which is one of the top fifty companies in the world to work for trust me that list was not made by anyone who has worked for walkers. Apart from that its great. :neutral_face:

JB:
One of my mates works for walkers leicester. He’s on very good money for what he does. However… They’ve recently had isotrack fitted and are having to do quite a bit more work than before.
They work on a “banked hours” system.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

That’s the biggest problem with the job.

A few years ago I did an assessment at their site in Bristol, agency work - felt like I was taking my test again, every gear change counted, every mirror check noted, why did take that line in the corner, what’s behind you, what would you do if this happened, continually asking questions from the Highway Code / Theory test. Somehow passed that, then had an interview - the H&S stuff and yard rules were seriously over the top, felt like everything you did was being watched & scored, you must walk here, you must get in the cab like this, you can’t use that door blah blah. The trucks are constantly tracked & monitored for braking & acceleration - then examined at the end of your shift - too much fuel used or too harsh braking and your given a warning.

Got offered a couple of runs there, turned them down each time, didnt fancy it and the aggro that would go with it; the agency then struck me off their list - was I bothered? It’s a truck load of crisps ffs

Leicester maybe be different??

Beetie:
Think most of its agency work…

There are approx 200 “core” drivers

JB:
He’s on very good money for what he does.

JB:
They’ve recently had isotrack fitted and are having to do quite a bit more work than before.

Instead of doing a “birch–Skem” and stretching it out to 10 hrs, you might now have to do a "birch–skem, back for a Burton Latimer. (or something similar).
NO runs are “planned” over 12 hrs (some might be 11hr 58min :wink: )

mfm:
Watch out for the sycophants that near miss everything you do got one for(walking to fast) across the car park

Sounds like Birchwood, the shunter (long haired aussie) spends MOST of the shift at the end of the yard waiting to “catch” people :unamused:
There is also a NRDC driver that will “near miss” you if you pass him on the A50.

ROG:
Very occasionally they have a driver recruitment day for permanent drivers but the majority of the time the pick their permanent drivers from the regular agency ones

They have just “recruited” 30 drivers (mix of agency and proposed)

ROG:
Damned if I can remember what agency that is

Used to be Protemp, now called GI Group (same crowd)

Have to agree with other posters, they can be a bit ott with the rules/H&S/meetings,
BUT,
if you do your job, keep your nose clean and don’t take the ■■■■ they leave you alone.

I love it :slight_smile: , beats working for a living :wink: