Waking up upside down

So, came up to newhouse rdc this morning, 1st day of my 5 on 3 off, start rolling again bout 11 tonight. Now last weekend saw 2 artics on 2 separate nights upside down on m74, hoping both drivers are ok, just wondering if anyone’s ever had the misfortune to be rudely awoken by a 5ltr water bottle to the head or is it the nose on the cold windscreen that wakes you up? Does the fact that an auto pretty much driving itself make it easier for the nodders to reach upside downdom?

My drinking buddy rolled his close to the Stockyard a year or 2 ago during the peak evening rush hour, causing chaos with cars trying to exit the industrial estate, and trucks trying to enter the stockyard

The closest I`ve come to lifting the trailer wheels (twice) is doing the same thing in the same spot, that is pulling a decker southbound on the M42 after J1 near Droitwich where it meets the M5 south bound

That involves other road users so may be different, I’m talking about a straight road and nobody else involved. I’d hate to be passing somebody and get tangled up in his/her deathwish?

I would say that the cruise control is more to blame than an auto box on the motorway.

I would say lack of sleep is.

FarnboroughBoy11:

+1^^^^ Cruise control is a god send, be lost without it…:slight_smile::slight_smile:

FarnboroughBoy11:

I’ll stick with driving (with the old right foot) it south (to Wigan) and cruise controlling it back up, lucky to see 4 beaut sunrises each week to keep me going

By the way really do hope nobody was hurt last week, we all only really do this for the wages so anyone who injures themselves or worse, someone else in the pursuit of that needs my life, I’ve got too much at home to look forward too when I’m off, (fill in your own blanks here …) so pls drive safe < and awake >

Sorry for the semi rant

I have worked night shifts for many years ,the fact is that human kind is not really a nocturnal animal.There are always more mistakes and misadventures on the night shift.