Wakefield Show

Just a few pictures of last nights show in Wakefield. Good turn out with about 1000 entries in total.

Wakefield show 2012 021.JPG

Wakefield show 2012 019.JPG

Wakefield show 2012 017.JPG

Wakefield show 2012 016.JPG

Wakefield show 2012 013.JPG

Wakefield show 2012 012.JPG

Wakefield show 2012 005.JPG

Wakefield show 2012 004.JPG

Wakefield show 2012 003.JPG

Wakefield show 2012 001.JPG

Carlc:
Just a few pictures of last nights show in Wakefield. Good turn out with about 1000 entries in total.

nice photos carlc nostalgia you cant beat it

Hi everybody, I went along to Thornes Park on Friday evening with my S20 Foden. It was a great turn out, good weather, good croud and the Hanson’s Atki absolutely stole the show for me ! It is a stunner and took me back to that era when you could see Hansons motors all over that part of Yorkshire. Regards Tony H. :slight_smile:

BUGGA, I didn’t know it was on. If I’d known I would have been there. That Hansons Atki. looks new, fresh out of the box.

ditto brian !!!

Never seen that one advertised anywhere,looks like i missed a good turnout.Hope the Hansons Atki is at the trans-pennine next weekend the 5th.

20000TH ATKINSON
ATKINSON 20000TH And the HCVS Thornes Park Gathering Friday Evening Vehicle Rally,Wakefield.

I’ve been to many of the exciting and enjoyable HCVS Thornes Park Gathering Vintage Vehicle Rallies on
Summer Friday evenings in July,in Wakefield.This great rally is a wonderfully varied mixture of historic motor vehicles of all kinds and types:motorcycles,cars,custom and hot rod cars,American cars,buses,motorcoaches, lorries,military vehicles - even the occassional fairground vehicle* - all turn up in substantial numbers from all over the place.

*And here are two of the fairground vehicles that have been on display at Thornes Park:-
Atkinson Borderer T3246XBL,Mk2 Panoramic-cabbed, 4x2,Living Van-bodied, Articulated Lorry,Chassis No.FC17871,KWE 798J. It has the famous Tuby’s Cockerel at the front of the living van body.
This Atkinson Tractive Unit was then owned by one of my fairground friends:David Tuby:-
britishlorryphotographs.fotki.co … -tuby.html

I’m pleased to say that this Atkinson tractive unit is now preserved:-
flickr.com/photos/foden_djp/5618204351/

Atkinson SP2066C or SP2266C,Mk2 Panoramic-cabbed,Boxvan-bodied,6x6 Fairground Lorry,JGU 163K,
TRUE GRIT.Owned by showman,John Procter,who had by that time re-painted this lorry blue and white.
NOTE:The original model designation was FM1266C.
John also displayed a fascinating Menwith Hill Pass Sign…
flickr.com/photos/foden_djp/5456163633/

Atkinson 20,000th. The 20,000th Atkinson Vehicle:-
Atkinson Gold Knight S2486XBL,Mk2 Panoramic-cabbed,Tipper-bodied,8x4 Lorry,Chassis No.FC20,000,DWW 112H,registered in the West Riding of Yorkshire on Wednesday,1st April,1970 and originally operated by
R.Hanson and Son Ltd,Wakefield. Was later operated as a fairground vehicle by a member of the Codona
Family.Now preserved by Lawrence Buxton:-

flickr.com/photos/63211677@N … 231651279/

flickr.com/photos/23107633@N06/3688711770/

Finally,on one Frday night at Thornes Park in 1996 I made an exciting discovery of an ex-fairground
vehicle which I was almost sure that I would never see again.This lorry had been operated by the Procter
and Ashcroft fairground families:Ernest Ashcroft and then by his son-in-law,Fredrick Procter,and eventually it was stored on some premises in Barnsley and became virtually abandoned. It was rescued for preservation and restoration by a Mr.Clayton of Conisbrough,and possiably it’s very first rally was on that Frday night at the HCVS Thornes Park Gathering. It so happened that one or two members of the Procter family were helping out in the Eddy’s Mobile Refreshment Trailer,so I informed them of my discovery and was rewarded with a free cup of tea!
The above lorry is this:Leyland Beaver 12.B/1,Flat-bodied,4x2 Lorry,HKF 512,registered in April 1947 in
Liverpool,and had a Luton Van Body and was painted red and orangey red when it was a fairground lorry:-
ccmv.aecsouthall.co.uk/p78439615 … #h17a12e81
flickr.com/photos/carrickman … otostream/

VALKYRIE.

And a few more from Ripon today.
Cliff

Ripon 2012 017.JPG

Ripon 2012 007.JPG

Ripon 2012 011.JPG

Ripon 2012 012.JPG

Ripon 2012 013.JPG

Ripon 2012 010.JPG

Ripon 2012 008.JPG

Ripon 2012 006.JPG

Ripon 2012 005.JPG

Ripon 2012 003.JPG

jeffrey ellener:

Carlc:

great photos…i have just found trucknet by chance.so i have joined. i drove for onward transport in the good old days of roping & sheating lol.ill b at the next show …royhebb

royhebb:

jeffrey ellener:

Carlc:

great photos…i have just found trucknet by chance.so i have joined. i drove for onward transport in the good old days of roping & sheating lol.ill b at the next show …royhebb

Welcome aboard mate, glad you like the pictures. If you have any photos or memories about Onward / Ackworth transport put them on here we all love new blood.
Cliff

Carlc:

royhebb:

jeffrey ellener:

Carlc:

Welcome aboard mate, glad you like the pictures. If you have any photos or memories about Onward / Ackworth transport put them on here we all love new blood.
Cliff

thanks for the welcome,i dont quite know if im doing it right yet cos im not into facebook and all that stuff lol,i worked for onward from 1972 till 2000 then i bought one of onwards wagons and became an owner driver,but i will admit it was a fantastic firm to work for i was very sorry to see them finish,but they didnt sell up they just sold off all the wagons and drivers to b.o.c.they kept all the warehouses and depots they are now called onward holdings,when i know how to do this i will put on some memories,