Waitrose

I heard a rumour today that Waitrose might be opening an RDC in Gloucester, anyone know if this is true?

Ive no idea, but I wonder if theyll let us use our Waitrose loyalty cards in the canteen and claim our free cup of coffee and cake :unamused:

schrodingers cat:
I heard a rumour today that Waitrose might be opening an RDC in Gloucester, anyone know if this is true?

No hopefully Avonmouth, but saying that not sure it’ll be my cup of tea.

Not heard that.
Not sure that it would be needed, unless they get shot of Bracknell or Brinklow.
Or, they have a notion to open a shed load of extra stores in the south west and South Wales.
My understanding is that the growth areas were identified as more northern, hence the new rdc at leyland (who are currently servicing the existing stores in the West Midlands, which were serviced by Bardon before it closed. These West Midlands stores would presumably transfer to a new rdc as you suggest, along with many of bracknell serviced stores in the West Country.

Can’t see waitrose downsizing Bracknell tho, seeing as it’s their HQ. have you seen the size of waitrose town?

dsbu:
Not heard that.
Not sure that it would be needed, unless they get shot of Bracknell or Brinklow.
Or, they have a notion to open a shed load of extra stores in the south west and South Wales.
My understanding is that the growth areas were identified as more northern, hence the new rdc at leyland (who are currently servicing the existing stores in the West Midlands, which were serviced by Bardon before it closed. These West Midlands stores would presumably transfer to a new rdc as you suggest, along with many of bracknell serviced stores in the West Country.

Can’t see waitrose downsizing Bracknell tho, seeing as it’s their HQ. have you seen the size of waitrose town?

How do they manage getting past Plymouth to do a store delivery then ?

John Lewis part of waitrose supposed to be going to brockworth (old wincanton site) I’ve also heard they are going to the old morrisons site in Yate watch the applications put in from a dairy producer in gloucester

They had there application turned down for 86 units and can remember how many trailers back in January for the old St Ivel site! Bummer really it’s so tedious commuting to Swindon every night