Waitrose RDC Leyland

Does anybody have any info on the pay,hours and shift pattern (ie do they work every weekend) Please :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t help you with pay and conditions, however one thing of note is they are part of the John Lewis group and IMO there are not many (if any) better employers about. They look after their staff and return a share of the profits to the staff.

Also the facilities at that depot are amazing, the place is SPOTLESS.

4 on 4 off if your there on there books it’s not bad and you get profit share shop discount but it is a 24/7 rdc

They do pay well I’m sure it was about 9.50 per hour when I applied for days last year, not known anyone who’s been taken on by these yet though and you get a percentage of profits at the end of the year as your seen as a partner in the company and not an employee

I can tell you first hand because I work there. I’ve done lots of different types of jobs in the transport industry and can say with out doubt, it’s the best job I’ve had so far. It won’t be everybodys cup of tea but I love it.

£9.80 P/H initial pay, with a review after 12 months, performance related. Between 22.00 and 06.00 you get 33% of your hourly rate on top. Shifts vary, I’m on back shift (afternoons) start time between 10.00/16.00. Other shifts are 23.00/03.00. And I think 04.00/08.00. plus a night shift.

Great annual bonus (around 17-20%) average. Cracking pension, what ever you contribute they match. After three years service it’s non contributory. Sometimes you have a wait for a load, but they have a subsidised canteen and a chill out room with pool tables and what not.

Some of the stores are as tight as a ducks arse and you really do need eyes in the back of your head. But the big window in the back helps for the dreaded blindsides :wink: Every store has detailed instructions to the backdoor so no need for navs.

As I say it’s not for everybody and if you don’t like day cabs it’s defo not for you. It’s clean work with a well looked after fleet, with a company that looks after you. You will work Saturdays and the odd Sunday thrown in, but my next 4 weeks is Monday to Friday with Saturday/Sunday off. My 5th week I get Wednesday and Sunday off. Saturdays and sundays are paid extra ob top. You get a rota for over 12 months so you know exactly what you’re doing.

I await to be told how much crap I’m talking and how much of a company man I am :wink: Hi btw looooong time lurker :slight_smile:

BTW OP, have you seen jobs advertised? Be prepared to jump through hoops if you really want a job.

Levitatingnun:
I can tell you first hand because I work there. I’ve done lots of different types of jobs in the transport industry and can say with out doubt, it’s the best job I’ve had so far. It won’t be everybodys cup of tea but I love it.

£9.80 P/H initial pay, with a review after 12 months, performance related. Between 22.00 and 06.00 you get 33% of your hourly rate on top. Shifts vary, I’m on back shift (afternoons) start time between 10.00/16.00. Other shifts are 23.00/03.00. And I think 04.00/08.00. plus a night shift.

Great annual bonus (around 17-20%) average. Cracking pension, what ever you contribute they match. After three years service it’s non contributory. Sometimes you have a wait for a load, but they have a subsidised canteen and a chill out room with pool tables and what not.

Some of the stores are as tight as a ducks arse and you really do need eyes in the back of your head. But the big window in the back helps for the dreaded blindsides :wink: Every store has detailed instructions to the backdoor so no need for navs.

As I say it’s not for everybody and if you don’t like day cabs it’s defo not for you. It’s clean work with a well looked after fleet, with a company that looks after you. You will work Saturdays and the odd Sunday thrown in, but my next 4 weeks is Monday to Friday with Saturday/Sunday off. My 5th week I get Wednesday and Sunday off. Saturdays and sundays are paid extra ob top. You get a rota for over 12 months so you know exactly what you’re doing.

I await to be told how much crap I’m talking and how much of a company man I am :wink: Hi btw looooong time lurker :slight_smile:

BTW OP, have you seen jobs advertised? Be prepared to jump through hoops if you really want a job.

Cheers everyone for info

I got an e-mail back today from Waitrose saying putting application 0n hold.Thats the third time of trying now 1 st time application put on hold then told no,2nd time got through but could not make interview told to withdraw application .
So I think I’ll get the same answer as the first time around now .Looks like 26 years :confused: experience counts for nothing :confused:

Kevwall:
They do pay well I’m sure it was about 9.50 per hour when I applied for days last year, not known anyone who’s been taken on by these yet though and you get a percentage of profits at the end of the year as you are a partner in the company and not an employee

FTFY

â– â– ?

whos the lead vendor agency for this place does anyone know ?

testasaurus:
whos the lead vendor agency for this place does anyone know ?

At the moment it is SCOL

Who is SCOL ?

The Soulman:
Who is SCOL ?

Supply Chain Operations Ltd. They are basically on site agency

Semtex:

The Soulman:
Who is SCOL ?

Supply Chain Operations Ltd. They are basically on site agency

What ever happend to a supermarket taking on a full time driver?
It seems they have all gone down this road now

What happened to anywhere taking on full time, every single advert is riddled with agency, it’s like you’ve hit the jackpot when you actually find a job advert with a direct company name

Staff sick pay. Staff annual leave pay. Staff pension scheme. Staff uniform. DCPC training. These and many other reasons are why supermarket chains and other employers are increasingly using more agencies to fulfil their employment needs.

As consumers demand lower prices at the tills, then the lowly employee is the one who will ultimately suffer.

I had a group interview at Leyland on Friday and to be fair I was disappointed I felt I was there just to make up the numbers 5 of the group where from scol who worked there for the agency and 3 were waitrose full time staff from the warehouse who wanted to transfer to transport ,I’ve no idea if I will get a 2 nd interview .The benefits are great though although the basic isn’t and obviously the annual bonus is very very good but if your contracted for 10 hours a day and you do 13 you might not get paid extra if your hours balance out in a month ,good luck to everyone who applied .

Kevwall:
What happened to anywhere taking on full time, every single advert is riddled with agency, it’s like you’ve hit the jackpot when you actually find a job advert with a direct company name

I honestly doubt that you will find one Kev. If you are lucky to do so it’ll be the dregs that cannot retain drivers for any of various reasons. Many many folk have rightly commented that decent firms never have to advertise.

They want to check your digi card at the interview.
If you have a new card, or one that hasn’t been used in the last month, then forget it.

gaz1668:
I had a group interview at Leyland on Friday and to be fair I was disappointed I felt I was there just to make up the numbers 5 of the group where from scol who worked there for the agency and 3 were waitrose full time staff from the warehouse who wanted to transfer to transport ,I’ve no idea if I will get a 2 nd interview .The benefits are great though although the basic isn’t and obviously the annual bonus is very very good but if your contracted for 10 hours a day and you do 13 you might not get paid extra if your hours balance out in a month ,good luck to everyone who applied .

Morning or afternoon Gaz