Waitrose RDC Leyland

Credit where credit is due.
I have driven for 20 plus years to various RDCs and at the bulk of them treated like a leper and held in disgusting waiting rooms etc but today was my first visit to Waitrose Leyland. Friendly security staff straight onto bay. Tipped immediately and when waiting in a nice clean waiting room was offered a coffee by goods in. Just why can’t every place treat each other like humans it would make the job much better. I might have been lucky but other companies could take a leaf out of their book?

Best place I’ve ever tipped too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just seems Waitrose staff in general are very pleasant and helpful people. Maybe they are treated well and that then feeds down to the customer/driver.

Waitrose is part of John Lewis partnership.
.and every year all employees get a share of the profits. Everyone from management to floor staff.
So there all probably trained to give good customer service which in turn leads to more business more profit and more bonuses.
And obviously this trickles down the chain into warehouse etc.

I done a Waitrose RDC must be about 20 odd years ago, I think it was in Kent and had a similar experience. It certainly makes a thankless task a bit more enjoyable.

Indeed, Waitrose Milton Keynes had free coffee machine freshly brewed from beans I recall, unique.
Also Clipper Grange Park in Northampton trunking for John Lewis, never banned me from sites or working for them, good appretiative fellas.

I love this positive vibes posts-type

Sounds like nearly all the Amazon ones I go to.
Always free coffee, but if it is from beans then it’s usually 30p.

Better class of people at Waitrose :slight_smile:

Waitrose do not have “employees”. They have “collegues”. :smiley:

Plus all Waitrose staff are employed direct.
Most other RDC staff are mostly agency or on zero hour minimum wage contract’s.
Hence why they go slow don’t go extra mile and.dont overly care . Would you really go the extra mile or care that much on a zero hour minimum wage not having a secure job.

I believe Waitrose Chorley is now GXO and Clipper has been bought by GXO.

SWEDISH BLUE:
Waitrose do not have “employees”. They have “collegues”. :smiley:

They actually dint have either, they are all “partners” which sounds like one giant ■■■ event if your mind is dirty enough :blush:

Shop in Crewkerne has a “collegues” entrance. Maybe they have had too much cider :smiley:

djt1881:
Just seems Waitrose staff in general are very pleasant and helpful people. Maybe they are treated well and that then feeds down to the customer/driver.

All Waitrose employees are part owners of the business…and they also all have a say .

norb:

djt1881:

All Waitrose employees are part owners of the business…and they also all have a say .

Which of them decided to put K&N into Milton Keynes then? They need shooting :laughing:

Likewise the ine who decided to kick them out needs a medal.

Can’t comment in hiw XPO run it, not been since it changed over, but my external viewpoint of XPO sites isn’t a good one.