Waitrose leyland rdc

Hi, anyone worked for Waitrose in Leyland rdc or any links to previous posts.
Ive got a ‘Group Assessment’ Interview soon ■■?
Anybody know what they are like to work for and what the group interview involves…any info welcome thanks.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :smiley:

I recently accepted a job in the warehouse at the aylesford site so maybe able to help a little. It was a long drawn out process with group work based around the partnerships core values. I would advise you to visit the company website and gen up on the benefits on offer and the history of the partnership. be prepared to tell the group a little about yourself and why you want to join the partnership.

finally, wear A suit as they put a lot of emphasis on looking professional.

best of luck.

oh dear thanks looks like its a scenario from ‘The office’ then??
Seems a lot just for a Trucking interview guess i will re think :smiley:

Hi I had a group interview at Leyland in January of February ,basically it’s all about sucking up to the company and telling them how great they are ,they won’t even ask for your licence I think that’s the next stage ,we just did group exercises but I felt like a spare part because I was in a group of 10 which mainly consisted of waitrose warehouse staff trying to get into transport and agency staff that already worked there ,the benefits though are superb and it sounds like a good job if it suits you ,I never went back because I would have been about £500-700 a month worse off but good luck fella ,hope you get it if you want it

don’t not go because you may feel out your comfort zone. If you attend you can at least make an informed decision. It was certainly the longest interview process I’ve been involved in for a blue collar job and yes, it can appear a little David Brentish. I think I was there for around 5 hrs in total. The john lewis partnership are considered one of the best employers in the UK. If you value things like pensions, holiday time etc then it’s a company worth considering. pay is comparable with most other major supermarket RDC’s and you also get a % of the annual profits which this year was 15%.

Jobs rarely become available unless they’re expanding so don’t miss this opportunity thinking they’ll always be next year.

Benefits include:
Time and a half overtime
Annual bonus
Non contributory pension
Subsidised holidays
5 weeks holiday after three years
6 weeks after 10 years
Career breaks
6 months of fully paid after 25 years service.
25% off john lewis
15% off waitrose

people rarely leave but that also happens in a cult!

gaz1668:
Hi I had a group interview at Leyland in January of February ,basically it’s all about sucking up to the company and telling them how great they are ,they won’t even ask for your licence I think that’s the next stage ,we just did group exercises but I felt like a spare part because I was in a group of 10 which mainly consisted of waitrose warehouse staff trying to get into transport and agency staff that already worked there ,the benefits though are superb and it sounds like a good job if it suits you ,I never went back because I would have been about £500-700 a month worse off but good luck fella ,hope you get it if you want it

hi thanks,think the group stuff is putting me off to be honest cant be doing with ‘David Brent’ office type things …oh well :open_mouth:

damian39:
don’t not go because you may feel out your comfort zone. If you attend you can at least make an informed decision. It was certainly the longest interview process I’ve been involved in for a blue collar job and yes, it can appear a little David Brentish. I think I was there for around 5 hrs in total. The john lewis partnership are considered one of the best employers in the UK. If you value things like pensions, holiday time etc then it’s a company worth considering. pay is comparable with most other major supermarket RDC’s and you also get a % of the annual profits which this year was 15%.

Jobs rarely become available unless they’re expanding so don’t miss this opportunity thinking they’ll always be next year.

Benefits include:
Time and a half overtime
Annual bonus
Non contributory pension
Subsidised holidays
6 weeks after 10 years
Career breaks
25% off john lewis
15% off waitrose

thanks benefits yes sound good but its wek in week out pay really that matters fancy the job but the interview stuff putting me off ,might give it a miss unless i can learn the ‘David Brent Dance’ soon :open_mouth: :astonished: :slight_smile:

I once talked myself out of going for an interview with a haulage company, regretted it ever since. Not that it was a good job but I feel like I let myself down. Go for it, you don’t have to take the job, at least if you do it you’ll feel better for trying. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Either go or don’t. If you’re not willing to do the Group Interview then don’t, I’m sure Waitrose won’t miss you. If you go, then don’t have pre conceptions about what it is, just turn up and do your best.
If you want a relatively secure job with a growing company, they set the hoops to jump through.

GMW492:

If you’re scared of Group Interviews then don’t go but stop whining about it on here.

McDantheMan:
Either go or don’t. If you’re not willing to do the Group Interview then don’t, I’m sure Waitrose won’t miss you. If you go, then don’t have pre conceptions about what it is, just turn up and do your best.
If you want a relatively secure job with a growing company, they set the hoops to jump through.

GMW492:

If you’re scared of Group Interviews then don’t go but stop whining about it on here.

funny whos whining im asking advice i have said im unsure thats what im on here for advice,never had a group interview before so how can i be scared of one jeeeez calm down lad whats up with you

Everybody else thanks for advice,gonna go along and see how it goes,thanks again folks

GMW492:
funny whos whining im asking advice i have said im unsure thats what im on here for advice,never had a group interview before so how can i be scared of one

Everyone who’s commented and tried to help, you’ve come up with some sort of sarcastic comment about an interview process you admittedly know nothing about.

GMW492:
thanks benefits yes sound good but its wek in week out pay really that matters fancy the job but the interview stuff putting me off ,might give it a miss unless i can learn the ‘David Brent Dance’ soon :open_mouth: :astonished: :slight_smile:

GMW492:

GMW492:
hi thanks,think the group stuff is putting me off to be honest cant be doing with ‘David Brent’ office type things …oh well :open_mouth:

GMW492:
jeeeez calm down lad whats up with you

I don’t find your, ‘David Brent’ and ‘Office’ jibes funny. If the interview process puts you off, then go and do a General Haulage type job that you can get without an interview.

Yawn…thanks again guys

Tarrman:
I once talked myself out of going for an interview with a haulage company, regretted it ever since. Not that it was a good job but I feel like I let myself down. Go for it, you don’t have to take the job, at least if you do it you’ll feel better for trying. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Yes your right ,going to go along as nothing ventured nothing gained .Thanks again

damian39:
I recently accepted a job in the warehouse at the aylesford site so maybe able to help a little. It was a long drawn out process with group work based around the partnerships core values. I would advise you to visit the company website and gen up on the benefits on offer and the history of the partnership. be prepared to tell the group a little about yourself and why you want to join the partnership.

finally, wear A suit as they put a lot of emphasis on looking professional.

best of luck.

Yes thanks for that,helped me a lot, going to go

damian39:

Benefits include:
Time and a half overtime
Annual bonus
Non contributory pension
Subsidised holidays
6 weeks after 10 years
Career breaks
25% off john lewis
15% off waitrose

Thanks for your advice appreciated greatly,going to go and give it my best shot then see if I make the next stage in interview process