Waitrose depot?

When is it going to advertise, or what agency are they going with. Hearing diffrent things everyday!!
My ear is to the ground, someone must have good info??

That’s novel, you tell us where it is and we post a photo! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Leyland not a clue sometime this year i would have thought

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Which depot are you looking at?

He’s talking about the new one that was built next to the M6 Chorley ! It’s standing dormant for some reason

they want 200 drivers in total ive heard there gonna take um on in 3 phases 1st one march 2nd one june and last intake august. woz speakin to one of there lads from leicester he woz sayin there place is shuttin in sept so the chorley place shud be fully up an runnin by then.

i must av also spoken to over 3 million drivers who reckon there applyin :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ring Waitrose dirctley
or Kuenhe and Nagel

Waitrose originally planned to phase in the new Chorley RDC between September 2012 and March 2013.
Their forecasts now show they will not require the full capacity of the site until summer 2013 so have decided to slightly delay the opening until Summer 2013.
When fully operational the distribution centre could serve up to 100 stores.
At the moment, the distribution centre furthest north for Waitrose is in Barden, Nottingham.
Waitrose Build Update

hitch:
Ring Waitrose dirctley
or Kuenhe and Nagel

What use would phoning K&N be?

The vacancies go live on their website on Monday 18 feb

Semtex:
The vacancies go live on their website on Monday 18 feb

yes, correct! :open_mouth: have a fiddle on their website NOW! :unamused: as if you can find it, your name will be on the list NOW! :laughing: none of you will get the job anyway! :sunglasses: because all the drivers at MONTGOMERYS will be already there! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Ocado are set to open the new fulfilment centre at Dordon shortly, there was talk of 2000 jobs but that could have been in the construction as well. They must want some home delivery drivers

Well I submitted my on-line application last night… fingers crossed.

Does anybody know what they are like to work for ?

It says ERF not RAF:

It’s a brand new depot so how could anyone comment?

Seany:

It says ERF not RAF:

It’s a brand new depot so how could anyone comment?

Because they are one of the biggest retailers in the country and have got more depots than this one !!!
I’m just asking what Waitrose are like to work for ?

Closing date 24 Feb 2013

Salary Recruitment rate £9.20 per hour, exceptional candidates may command a higher rate. Performance related pay and shift premiums to be discussed at interview.

Waitrose Branch/Location Leyland

Section Transport

Hours of work Variety of full time & part time hours available. To be discussed at interview.

Duties & Responsibilities

To complete all branch deliveries and supplier collections to the required standard whilst ensuring own and others Health and Safety.

Main Responsibilities;

1.Complete all branch/RDC deliveries and supplier collections within the given timescales.

2.Complete all daily vehicle checks and follow correct defect reporting procedures.

3.To complete basic documentation accurately.

4.Operate the vehicle in a safe and economical manner at all times ensuring that it is maintained in a clean and tidy state.

1. Effectively communicate problems and delays to all relevant parties.

6.Safely loading and unloading whilst complying with the correct procedures for given location.

7.Maintain a full knowledge of the Highway code, WTD, EU Drivers Hours Regulations and vehicle operations.

8.To ensure all Legal, Health and Safety legislation and Operational procedures are adhered to at all times and to work within Health and Safety guidelines at all times ensuring the safety of self and others.

9.To work within other areas / departments within the RDC as requested by Management.

10.To keep up to date with Partnership news by reading notice boards and the Partnership’s editorials.

11.To ensure all Personnel procedures are adhered to and completed as required.

Job Requirements

Relevant Qualifications:
Mandatory: LGV1 C+E Driving Licence
Desired: CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence)

Key Qualities. This role would suit someone who:-
-Is passionate about driving
-Has good customer service skills and a positive attitude towards others
-Is flexible in their approach to work
-Has a good degree of literacy and numeracy
-Is trustworthy
-Is well presented
-Is self motivated
-A desire to achieve and succeed
-Is reliable and punctual.
-Has the ability to accept and adapt to change.

Experience and Background. Successful candidates are likely to have;-
-Relevant experience in Articulated/Refrigerated deliveries
-Supermarket store deliveries
-Minimal accident record in the last 2 years
-No court proceedings for driving against them
-Has less than 3 points on their Driving licence
-Has at least 2 years/150000 miles LGV1 experience

Apply Now

Applied for two jobs there, fingers crossed.

TNT Trucker:
Applied for two jobs there, fingers crossed.

Let us know how you get on. I applied as I met all the criteria they are looking for, experience, no points, no accidents, well qualified, willing to work shifts, silly start times etc etc.
Got an email yesterday saying words to the effect of ‘‘sorry but you are not what we are looking for, the 20 question multiple choice questionaire you answered tells us so !’’
Not even made an interview so how can they tell.
If anybody else does the multiple choice I recommend not answering the questions honestly as they suggest you do, but just to select the answers you think they want you to tick !
There was even a question about pricing up food on the shelves ! Must be a generic questionaire for all vacancies. I understand the need to narrow down the applicants but this just seems daft.