Waiting times for driving course.....?

I’m gonna be ringing around Monday morning anyway, but until then, has anyone any idea of waiting times to get on a Class C course and then a Class C&E?

I’ll be looking around the yorkshire area, and maybe a little further a field, but I’d also be interested to know what other parts of the country are like?

So if anyone has done a course or just enquired over recent months, how long have you been told?

When I failed my CE on thursday last week, Peter Smythe and his gang were booking for tests at the back end of July. They book the test then work backwards for the training.

About 6 weeks!

From what I gather its at least 6 weeks wait for a decent trainer

What Radar said is correct. But, on rare occasions, there’s a cancelled course. Where this happens it will be offered as a course before it goes as a retest. Put simply, we loose around half a week’s work if the test isn’t allocated to a course.

Certainly worth a call just to find out - but don’t be surprised if it’s towards end July or even into August.

Just a thought; it can sometimes help if you make it clear you’re flexible (if you are).

It can also make a difference if you’re choosing manual or auto - so if you haven’t got any preference, make that known as well.

If you choose to call us, remember to claim your 10% Trucknet discount AT THE TIME OF CALLING!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I booked with Pete Smythe in the last week or so for cat C training (residential). I was given first week in August. So seems to be a fair wait at the mo.

There are possibly more factors than meet the eye. The class of vehicle, manual or auto, residential or travel, candidate availability, test dates, instructor holidays (especially at this time of year) all affect the date given.

But no trainer gains by quoting dates further away than needs be. But I find it frustrating when we give someone the next available date and then the candidate gets upset when they phone 3 days later to book - only to find that the date has moved on.

In our office we have 2 people whose job it is to arrange courses. So, clearly, the dates move quickly.

The way to get the quickest dates is to make it clear that you’re available anytime and happy with either man or auto (if this is the case).

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Cat C course with us on a 2014 plate volvo automatic, next dates available start on the 13th July onwards, we always try to keep our bookings at 3/4 weeks ahead of the current day, exceeding that tends to have negative effects on the business/customer service.

Peter Smythe:
There are possibly more factors than meet the eye. The class of vehicle, manual or auto, residential or travel, candidate availability, test dates, instructor holidays (especially at this time of year) all affect the date given.

But no trainer gains by quoting dates further away than needs be. But I find it frustrating when we give someone the next available date and then the candidate gets upset when they phone 3 days later to book - only to find that the date has moved on.

In our office we have 2 people whose job it is to arrange courses. So, clearly, the dates move quickly.

The way to get the quickest dates is to make it clear that you’re available anytime and happy with either man or auto (if this is the case).

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Yes I totally understand the points you raise here Pete.
Hope the frustrating customer was not me or you think it maybe me. I called the office got told the date and booked there and then in the same call.
To be fair I did ask for a specific transmission though and as said I was after a residential course due to the distance being travelled. I also said to the lovely lady on the phone (Tracey if I remember rightly) that if any cancellations came up I would be interested.

I was happy with the date anyway, although as I sure you would agree 7 weeks is a fairly long wait. Ultimately it was my choice to pay my deposit or not. My choice was to book because I believe through my research and planning that I am going to receive a very high quality training course.

Looking forward to getting started.

The frustration from our part comes from being asked for the next course date and then having to explain to the customer when they call a few days - or even hours - later, that the date is no longer available. Clearly that wasn’t the case with you and it’s all gone as it should.

We’re striving all the time to keep waiting times down; we’ve employed two more trainers this year and there’s two more vehicles on fleet. But, as I’m sure you realise, it’s a tricky balancing act sometimes!

Thanks for your positive comments and I hope your course goes well.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I must’ve been very lucky. Booked a 4day+test intensive course and only had to wait 2-3 weeks.