Waiting times at Palletforce Burton Hub?

Starting new job next week trunking up to the Burton Hub weeknights. Just wondering what the average tipping time is up there?

Never been to Palletforce, but I’ve done Pallex, TPN and palletways. General rule on deckers is you turn up, in my case around 9pm, tipped by 11 latest, then you all park up while the warehouse bods finish all the trunks from further afield, then start reloading after midnight. Normally the closest trunks have the longest wait

Well before Christmas I’d arrive there between 8:40 and 9pm and be out by 10-10:30pm. After Christmas when they let some forklift drivers go I was getting there same time and not getting out till 12am-1am.

The place was diabolical in the end and it’s not like you can just park up and wait to be called in you’re in a bloody que moving every 5-15 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I’ve run into here from Kent a couple of times. I was kept waiting 3.5hrs both times. (summer 2011)

I believe they were keeping me waiting because I was the last one back to my spoke depot from the hub, and I’d actually got up there early, having been booked in about 90m before requirements on agency.
The trip was 4hr20m each way via the M20,M26,M25,M40,M42,A446, & A38. I dunno how one can do this legally as a full time “every night” job though. On agency I was booking 14-15 hours for this, and even a full timer isn’t going to be doing it in less than 12 each and every night. :confused:

This was actually better than the situation at Lichfield when I did a run into the palletWAYS hub, where I was at least as long in a stop-start tip queue that meant I couldn’t even book off a “quick 15”…

Winseer:
I’ve run into here from Kent a couple of times. I was kept waiting 3.5hrs both times. (summer 2011)

I believe they were keeping me waiting because I was the last one back to my spoke depot from the hub, and I’d actually got up there early, having been booked in about 90m before requirements on agency.
The trip was 4hr20m each way via the M20,M26,M25,M40,M42,A446, & A38. I dunno how one can do this legally as a full time “every night” job though. On agency I was booking 14-15 hours for this, and even a full timer isn’t going to be doing it in less than 12 each and every night. :confused:

Split daily rest. Get to hub, get tipped, 3hr break, get loaded, drive back, 9 off.

Conor:

Winseer:

Split daily rest. Get to hub, get tipped, 3hr break, get loaded, drive back, 9 off.

How do you book a split daily rest if you’re moving up in the queue every 5 to 15 minutes for much of the time you are there?
oh yeah I know they don’t do that, they get round it another way. It is an alternating 15 minutes POA 5 minutes other work/driving because they told you in advance that would be how it works.

The job was bad enough on agency. Buggered if I’d do it as a full timer. Nodding dog coming home around heathrow M25 around morning rush hour. If I never do “palletliner work” again - it’ll be too soon. :angry:

2011 was just after I’d started on agency (April). The work was scant, so “needs must” - I was obliged to pick up any shifts I could get, which meant a lot of palletwork over the school holidays when the full timers needed the cover driver.
“9 hours off” each day, legal or not - is NOT a life FFS. :imp:

JaxDemon:
Well before Christmas I’d arrive there between 8:40 and 9pm and be out by 10-10:30pm. After Christmas when they let some forklift drivers go I was getting there same time and not getting out till 12am-1am.

The place was diabolical in the end and it’s not like you can just park up and wait to be called in you’re in a bloody que moving every 5-15 minutes.

Problem is the tramping job I’ve just come off has involved mostly transporting empty pallets from Chep UK depots, where the average tipping time can also be 2-3 hours, finishing nearly 10pm every night and barely finding anywhere to park. So not sure which I’m going to enjoy most now!! :open_mouth:

I’ll tell you what I don’t get about that place.

New building next door owned by them and to be used by them. They are gonna need the forklift drivers they let go there.

You might find it better once new place is open next door.

I’ll assume you’ll be tipped then told to wait there to be loaded?

I know the long distance boys they load up and tip at same time or if they can’t load at same time you’re loaded as soon as possible. They have fast track as well which is meant to be quicker lol.

JaxDemon:

New building next door owned by them and to be used by them. They are gonna need the forklift drivers they let go there.

I know the long distance boys they load up and tip at same time or if they can’t load at same time you’re loaded as soon as possible. They have fast track as well which is meant to be quicker lol.

Haven’t had my induction yet (Wednesday) but been told by the TM I get tipped in one warehouse then move onto another to get reloaded? Or maybe he meant reloaded at the same time until the new warehouse is open…what would you call long distance just out interest? I’ll be doing a 350mile round trip.

djt1881:

JaxDemon:

Haven’t had my induction yet (Wednesday) but been told by the TM I get tipped in one warehouse then move onto another to get reloaded? Or maybe he meant reloaded at the same time until the new warehouse is open…what would you call long distance just out interest? I’ll be doing a 350mile round trip.

The Scottish folk usually get tipped and loaded first. 350 mile will see you loaded quicker.

You’ll drive in either 1 or 3 depending and be tipped. Then you’ll have to park up there which should not be an issue depending on time you arrive. Then you’ll be called in at some point to be loaded. It’s one giant warehouse with 3 entry points.

Do not get out of truck while in the warehouse unless your in the sheeting area at end of bay near exit door.

It’s a very simple job tbh. Hopefully you can get ya head down for an hour or two before being called in to be loaded cause they’ll come wake you up when ya parked up outside of warehouse.

I’ve only been in during the day to pick up overspill, and you’re pretty much in and out in half hour.

Bad news for the OP, at night the wait can be anything from 3-6 hours, so take a good book :exclamation:

I’ve always driven past the place on the way to Fradley park, seems chaotic.

cav551:

Conor:

How do you book a split daily rest if you’re moving up in the queue every 5 to 15 minutes for much of the time you are there?
oh yeah I know they don’t do that, they get round it another way. It is an alternating 15 minutes POA 5 minutes other work/driving because they told you in advance that would be how it works.

At TPN and APC if you were doing the split daily rest or even taking a full 9hr as some of them did you dropped your trailer and the shunters sorted it out for you so drop trailer, park up, go to sleep, wake up after rest period, hook up and away.