Waiting for repair

Tagged onto the dolly knot thread.
How many of you are forced to wait ( through red tape) for a repair to be done. Im not talking major stuff like blocking off air chambers and repairing air lines ect but blown bulbs / gaffer tape/ zip tie jobs and the like, the kind of stuff most could do…
A lot of the time im far and away from any repair shop and always carry a box of tools and all kinds of temp repair items.
Last week i only had one side of the trailer tail lights working, a wire from one side to the other sorted that one and saved probably hours getting it done at a workshop somewhere…

My lot do not ask anyone who feels uncomfortable to fix things, but are happy for us to carry out minor running repairs to get the job done, i’d rather sort it than have to visit the workshops for a poxy bulb or loose wire.
Dying breed who do this though.

I carry a few basic tools, not as many as i like because being a pretend lorry driver (day man now by choice) i don’t leave anything worth nicking in the cab…yes they even pinched 70p worth of a half used bag of Lidl wet wipes out me top locker, you really have to wonder if they come to work on all fours some of 'em :unamused: .

We’re supposed to use garages/fitters for everything including bulbs. I do bulbs, fuses, stuff that can be cable tied/black nastied together myself and nothing has ever been said. Carry a bulb kit and get a spare from the yard when I pass it.

Of course I’ll wait 3 hours for Scania to change an indicator bulb if I need a few extra hours :laughing:

A.

Juddian:
…yes they even pinched 70p worth of a half used bag of Lidl wet wipes out me top locker, you really have to wonder if they come to work on all fours some of 'em :unamused: .

Had my trailer brush nicked , it was well worn out and due for replacement anyway but someone had to nick it, saved me having to bin it i suppose :confused:

anyone id normally work for would be of the hands on,get if fixed ,keep er lit and get it tipped persuasion which is fine for me so long as its appreciated.its very frustrating having to wait due to the aforementioned red tape for simple things to get fixed when you could do a bodgeup fix and crack on.if they take the mickey then by all means they reap what they sew.if abroad and your happy to take £100 quid bung to change a blowout,then happy days,if you dont feel up to it,then dont…same for bleeding up fridges or just running repairs.if they look after you,then im happy to do what needs done…more often it means your doing it to suit yourself as well as the company and mabey getting a better kip at the end of the day in the proccess…the tosco types,then id do nothing as its never appreciated.not my job…im sure theres plenty on both sides who 1,wouldnt lift a pinkie,and 2 if they would,arnt allowed to do so by h&s garbage.