Waiting at RDCs

Hello folks,

Just want to know why certain places don’t let you stay in cab whilst your being tipped? Happened to me last week on agency and felt like a criminal when this polish guy yelled ‘no stay in cab’ :imp:

Anybody get this at RDCs or anywhere else?

most rdc’s dont let you stay in cab, one place we go to makes you push a trolley with a flashing light on top around even though youy have too stand in a yellow box

Weasel87:
Hello folks,

Just want to know why certain places don’t let you stay in cab whilst your being tipped?

Usually its because some twunt of a truck driver has driven off the bay on a red light and caused an accident, possibly even a fatality involving those loading/unloading the truck.

scotstrucker:
most rdc’s dont let you stay in cab, one place we go to makes you push a trolley with a flashing light on top around even though youy have too stand in a yellow box

Siniat? Been there myself. My induction card has just expired this week as well so next time I go I’ve got to watch that bloody H&S dvd and do the test so I can continue delivering there like I have for the last 12 months.

I best get use to the idea then :frowning:

Prefer to wait in the cab, bit of peace and quiet :slight_smile:

Weasel87:
I best get use to the idea then :frowning:

Prefer to wait in the cab, bit of peace and quiet :slight_smile:

Set of head phones plugged into your phon will do
Also it’s not just a matter of someone driving off the bay , it’s been know that even after handing in keys twanks have hit the park break off and rolled off the bay’s

Differs on different sites too for same companies. We collect at one where you must hand in keys ans stay in waiting room, where as at another depot you can go back to the cab.

dowahdiddyman:
Differs on different sites too for same companies. We collect at one where you must hand in keys ans stay in waiting room, where as at another depot you can go back to the cab.

Would that be Norbert XPO in Nuneaton ? and they also have suzie locks that have a key to unlock loading bay ?

Boots at swindon have suzie locks also. They let you stay in ur cab.

A dump I used to occasionally visit you had to drop the trailer and park your unit in a certain area.
Suzie lock on trailer, truck keys went in a box which was then locked, then you had to get in the
trailer and drag all their ■■■■■ to the rear. WTF! ■■■■■■■■

I have met lots of interesting people at RDC’s whilst waiting.

Special forces
Millionaires
Disaster survivors
Lords, Knights and VIP’s

Don’t understand why these people have decided to become truck drivers though.

eagerbeaver:
I have met lots of interesting people at RDC’s whilst waiting.

Special forces
Millionaires
Disaster survivors
Lords, Knights and VIP’s

Don’t understand why these people have decided to become truck drivers though.

Haha thats advanced stuff , im new so ive still got the -
Route masters,
How its done gurus,
And the answer to all my questions i never asked ! .

Lol respect to these guys , id be screwed otherwise :slight_smile:

I love the storys from the old guys lol.and
It kills the time and keeps your mind off going and killing the guy nearest at the desk lol.

Just take book / kindle in with me sit red that till they decide to let me go

animal:
Just take book / kindle in with me sit red that till they decide to let me go

Yeah thats it

Wait till you get Tosco, Teesport, we usually get the pleasure of a minimum 6 hours in the waiting room, with the TV on Homes under the (F’ing) Hammer (6 years out of date)

martinviking:
Wait till you get Tosco, Teesport, we usually get the pleasure of a minimum 6 hours in the waiting room, with the TV on Homes under the (F’ing) Hammer (6 years out of date)

It could be much worse, such as the clerks switching the tv onto Jeremy Kyle and hiding the remote control. So you are doomed to watching hours & hours of garbage tv.
However I used to have one of those universal TV remote controls in my bag, and would spend several minutes switching channels, only for the clerks to switch it back to JK etc

@ Fyffes Coventry they give you a lock for your red airline and take your keys you stay in the cab,everywhere should do this…even if you had a spare key it’s not as if you can go anywhere.

xichrisxi:
@ Fyffes Coventry they give you a lock for your red airline and take your keys you stay in the cab,everywhere should do this…even if you had a spare key it’s not as if you can go anywhere.

Never heard of the shunt button on the trailer? or you could uncouple the other Suzie and lower the landing gear and drop the trl drive out in the unit

tommy t:

xichrisxi:

Never heard of the shunt button on the trailer? or you could uncouple the other Suzie and lower the landing gear and drop the trl drive out in the unit

If you drove out in the unit what odds would that make to them?

xichrisxi:

tommy t:

xichrisxi:

If you drove out in the unit what odds would that make to them?

They would need a new pair of underwear if they were in the trailer at the time you dropped it