WAI

I haven’t done one of these for a while, so where was I about 14.30 yesterday not in the truck but you can see this view from the road.

Are you on the A861 looking across Loch Linnhe towards Fort William, Ben Nevis in the distance?

I actually thought some one would say that or similar, looking at the photo it would have been my first guess but sorry not in the right country :smiley:

Looking west across Lake Champlain at the Adirondack mountains.

Sorry Pat it’s this side of the pond and it’s some where everybody’s heard of.

Looking across Lake Windermere

Sorry Nick not right but a lot closer.

just a guess, are you on a66 bassenthwaite ■■?

Sorry Syramax your in the right part of the country more or less. But not right.

Ullswater ■■? knowing the width of some of the roads round here I’m trying to guess where you might be in a artic ■■? is this where you tell me you were cycling ? :smiley:

Syramax, it’s not Ullswater and you can easily get an artic within 200 yards of where I was stood. A bit of a clue that water is not a lake.The last time I rode a push bike must be twentyfive years ago. I like two wheelers but they have to have an engine :smiley: :smiley:

Snowdon from Angelsey?

Sorry Crossroads neither Angelsea or Snowden

possibly you are in Grange over Sands looking over Morecambe Bay towards Trough of Bowland ?

TGM you’re not quite right but near enough if it was a mirror image. It is indeed Morecambe bay, the town to the left of the picture is Grange over Sands the hill is Helvellyn and I’m stood on the seafront in Morecambe. Of all the English seaside towns I think Morecambe has the best view of the lot.
It had been a bitterly cold, but very nice day and then the black clouds rolled and the weather turned nasty, but a break in the clouds made a good photo opportunity. It was so blowing so much it was hard to hold the camera still.

knight2:
Sorry Pat it’s this side of the pond and it’s some where everybody’s heard of.

Not joking mate but it looks exactly like the spot I said LOL
Ok, I will take another guess … Billing Aquadrome ? LOL

I thought it was strange when I read it but didn’t like to ignore you and I wasn’t sure. But thanks any way as I spent twenty minutes or so on google maps mooching around the lake. I’m showing my ignorance here but I didn’t realise New York state was so big and that lake isn’t much smaller than the Irish sea