Wagon with no 12v socket

Fuse will only blow when the current is too high. It doesn’t give a monkeys about the voltage.

Thanks for the info. Paul.

Tris:
Pop it into the workshop. 5 minute job to change it from 24v to 12v. No way would I risk my phone or sat nav plugging it into a 24v socket.

You wouldn’t be risking it, almost all,the better known makes, work on both voltages. They all work on 5v so by your thinking you are ‘risking your phone or sat nab’ plugging it into the 12v socket. :unamused:

Does anyone know if the snooper truck sat navs will actually charge via the USB cable to make them compatible with power banks? When I’ve connected it to the pc, it seems to need charging via the plug socket as the USB doesn’t turn it on?

Tris:
Pop it into the workshop. 5 minute job to change it from 24v to 12v. No way would I risk my phone or sat nav plugging it into a 24v socket.

What V do you think your putting into it when you plug it in at home? 10x more risk than the lorry :wink:

what truck…
have you looked around the fuse board

Michael Douglas:
Does anyone know if the snooper truck sat navs will actually charge via the USB cable to make them compatible with power banks? When I’ve connected it to the pc, it seems to need charging via the plug socket as the USB doesn’t turn it on?

No, it needs to be plugged in via the supplied charging cable. The USB is just to connect it to a pc for updates etc.

Conan the Librarian:

Michael Douglas:

No, it needs to be plugged in via the supplied charging cable. The USB is just to connect it to a pc for updates etc.

Yeah I thought as much. What a ■■■■ design!

Defo no socket on the wagons what so ever had another look today, I don’t want to mention what wagon we have because of the type of job it is, we don’t have a workshop on site either it goes to a 3rd party garage for work, I just hope this power bank does the job

Michael Douglas:

Depends on the current being supplied by the USB socket. My iPhone for instance quite happily charges from the USB socket on my PC or laptop but my iPad doesn’t.

Coffeeholic:

Michael Douglas:

Depends on the current being supplied by the USB socket. My iPhone for instance quite happily charges from the USB socket on my PC or laptop but my iPad doesn’t.

Some devices with USB connectors are, as posted earlier, simply not designed to charge via USB. e.g. I have a TomTom Rider motorcycle satnav and a cheap digital camera, both of which have USB connectors for data connection to a computer but neither of them will charge that way (even if you use a plug-in USB mains charger).

stinger:
I don’t want to mention what wagon we have because of the type of job it is

You don’t need to feel embarrassed driving for Tesco, someone’s got to do it.

Tris:

stinger:
I don’t want to mention what wagon we have because of the type of job it is

You don’t need to feel embarrassed driving for Tesco, someone’s got to do it.

Lol ok Iv been found out, but jokes aside a agency near me run a tesco contract from their out base depot on the artics 1-2 drops in the south west on take home £500+ a week

so is it a merx axor you have then. The 12v are hidden in center tray under the dash.

No it’s not sorry