wagon and drag..

okay ladys and gents… haveing a chat with one of the boys in work and the tpoic of wagon and drags came up cause the boss is thinking of getting one… and we werre debating what licance was needed… i think you need a class one… but the other lad thinks that you can pull it on a class 2… can anyone help on this who is right or are we both wrong?

You were right pal… You need a C + E licence or class one as you call it… The E entitles you to drive with a trailer on

werren’t you able to drive wag&drag on a class 2 years ago but not any more? probably where they got it from?

Nate:
werren’t you able to drive wag&drag on a class 2 years ago but not any more? probably where they got it from?

as that the same as the “grandfather” licance then letting you drive a 7.5 ton on a car licance…

and cheers mate i thought i was right but i wernt sure enough to make a argument over it haha… but now i can haha

Nate:

Some people have a CE licence with a restriction (code 102) which means they can drive a wagon and drag but no an artic.

mrpj:

Nate:

Some people have a CE licence with a restriction (code 102) which means they can drive a wagon and drag but no an artic.

This, when it was still Class 1 and Class 2, Class 2 covered wag + drag, so when they changed over, Class 2 drivers got the CE on their licence with 102, which meant they could drive wag + drag but not a unit and trailer.

For the rest of us though, it’s CE, you can pass your CE in either a unit + trailer or wag + drag and it allows you to drive the other

If you want to pull a trailer of any kind over 750kg you need the ‘E’ entitlement for that particular category (B+E, C+E, D+E). The ‘E’ being the trailer.

mrpj:

Nate:

+1

But if you’ve got a C you can drive a smaller truck and trailer as long as the GTW doesn’t pass 8250kg :wink:

Saratoga:
But if you’ve got a C you can drive a smaller truck and trailer as long as the GTW doesn’t pass 8250kg :wink:

The C only allows a trailer up to 750 kgs. What you’re refering to requires C1E, restricted if it’s only 8250 kgs.

waynedl:

mrpj:

Nate:

This, when it was still Class 1 and Class 2, Class 2 covered wag + drag, so when they changed over, Class 2 drivers got the CE on their licence with 102, which meant they could drive wag + drag but not a unit and trailer.

For the rest of us though, it’s CE, you can pass your CE in either a unit + trailer or wag + drag and it allows you to drive the other

you could also drive one on a class 3 if it was only a 2 axle truck.

I have a driver with a 102, it’s crazy as wagon and drags can be longer than artics!

cheers all i informed him this morning… he still dont belive me lol… so i show him the responces tomror morning haha

If you only have a cat c licence and you passed your test before 1991 you can drive a drawbar. As said your licence will have c+e with 102 next to it.

terriers:
cheers all i informed him this morning… he still dont belive me lol… so i show him the responces tomror morning haha

Here’s an official link although it doesn’t mention the 102 restriction:

direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Dr … DG_4022547

mrpj:

terriers:

Here’s an official link although it doesn’t mention the 102 restriction:

direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Dr … DG_4022547

This one does. I highlighted it to show up, taken from the Government Business-link website.

What’s restriction 79?