wagon and drag

ive been driving rigids for 20 years but am just about to start a job using a draw bar (straight not a frame) - its a 6 wheeler with 3 axle trailer - does anyone who drives them have any advice / hints on what will be the main differences in driving / reversing it will be and what i need to be careful of with it ?

“Gimme forty acres and i’ll turn this rig around” springs to mind!!! Although its not so bad with the straight bar, i drove a scania P94 and drag for a few years on multidrop work, it had an A-bar and it was an absolute mare 2 do a u-turn. Also if your doing multi drop keep an eye on weight distribution while your getting loaded and unloaded, i almost rolled the drag from a standing start due to all the weight being loaded on one side of it!! :open_mouth: It also used to feel a bit light on the steering if the drag was heavy and the lorry was light.

the job is bricks and blocks 1 drops with a hiab so loading shouldnt be a problem

have you ever reversed a caravan - it’s a bit like that. No big turns on the steering wheel when putting the bend on but quick turns on the wheel to straighten up ( putting rigid back into line with drag)
Advice - have a ‘play’ in an empty yard.