wages.

h

Yeah like all trucking jobs it’s the overtime that pays. 19,000 grand sounds about right for trunking and then overtime makes it up.
Supermarket work pays well as long as you’re ok with working weekends.
Then you could go tramping and earn about the same, maybe more but could have weekends off.
Or sign up to an agency and be offered really good money but will only earn it on the run up to Christmas?

k

I think one of the problems with wages is the drivers themselves to be honest. We always moan about companies offering crap pay but then we all instantly say “but people will work for it” and the like…and there lies the problem. Very few drivers, despite how low the wages are, would ever move onto something else. At the same time, people are forced into this industry by companies advertising the driver myth.

In a way I can’t blame them…if you could get away with paying naff all so your paycheque was bigger, many of us would do that, despite saying that you wouldn’t.

Who do you work for?

edit:
Made the first letter a Capital for Adam_Mc

dinosteveus1:
who do you work for?

Who? :stuck_out_tongue:

andyfaz:
lets talk wages!

ive been working several years for a well known company. I do a trunking job from 7 pm till 6am.

7hours p.o.a. 5 hours driving.

now this is a very very nice job but is coming to an end(redundancy) ive been looking for alternative employment and have noticed some proper cheap employeers, heres what i earned last year…

£19,000 basis.
£3,000 nightshift.
£8,000 overtime.

£30,000 last year,now im pleased with that,and i think im probably going to stuggle to find that wage?

would be nice to have some expierenced opininions/facts on this matter

cheers. :sunglasses:

cannot understand this at all, you are working from 7pm until 6am =11 hrs
but you do 7hrs poa & 5 hrs driving =12 hrs
and you have not even mentioned taking a 45 after 4.5 driving :question: :question: :smiley:

green456:

andyfaz:
lets talk wages!

ive been working several years for a well known company. I do a trunking job from 7 pm till 6am.

7hours p.o.a. 5 hours driving.

now this is a very very nice job but is coming to an end(redundancy) ive been looking for alternative employment and have noticed some proper cheap employeers, heres what i earned last year…

£19,000 basis.
£3,000 nightshift.
£8,000 overtime.

£30,000 last year,now im pleased with that,and i think im probably going to stuggle to find that wage?

would be nice to have some expierenced opininions/facts on this matter

cheers. :sunglasses:

cannot understand this at all, you are working from 7pm until 6am =11 hrs
but you do 7hrs poa & 5 hrs driving =12 hrs
and you have not even mentioned taking a 45 after 4.5 driving :question: :question: :smiley:

Probably because after that 5 hours POA the digi tacho has “wiped” his driving from his display so he’s unaware he needs a break :stuck_out_tongue:

please do not turn this thread to an " i earn million pound an hour for 3 hours a week " its so bloody boring.

jessicas dad:
please not turn this thread to an " i earn million pund an hour for 3 hours a week " its so bloody boring.

WE’RE NOT!

Well my cat is so Black that it’s blackness is covered under the 1954 official secrets act, paragraph 4, section 55.7a

Adam_Mc:

jessicas dad:
please do not turn this thread to a " i earn million pound an hour for 3 hours a week " its so bloody boring.

WE’RE NOT!

thank you.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jessicas dad:
please do not turn this thread to an " i earn million pound an hour for 3 hours a week " its so bloody boring.

Why would anyone admit to earning so little for 3 hours a week■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jessicas dad:

Adam_Mc:

jessicas dad:
please do not turn this thread to a " i earn million pound an hour for 3 hours a week " its so bloody boring.

WE’RE NOT!

thank you.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

But whilst we’re on the subject I earn a jagillion pounds tax free for thinking of work…Unfortunately, I’ve no idea how much a jagillion is and neither does the bank so its hard to check it online :frowning:

andyfaz:
ffs.

use your common sense,who said anything about driving 5hrs solid?

and p.o.a. is a break in my book.

But how do you fit 7 hours poa and 5hrs driving into an 11 hour shift :confused:

andyfaz:
mugs!

You’re wish is our command

If you need any more, please let us know. You seem one of these people who worries far to much about other people and what they’re doing, put down that hello magazine and get a life. :bulb:

No bites today. Best try fishing somewhere else :laughing: :laughing:

why has he edited his posts? :S

Adam_Mc:
why has he edited his posts? :S

probably because he has realised he is a ■■■■ of the highest order, and as such, deserves ■■■■■ slapping with a big wet fish as hard as possible :unamused: