Wages

This might put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Aldi has said it will become the first UK supermarket business to commit to paying all store staff at least £11 an hour.

The discount retailer, which employs over 40,000 UK staff, said that all store assistants will receive the new rate from January 1.

It added that workers within the M25 will receive £12.45 an hour from next year.

How much do their lorry drivers earn?

commonrail:

That’s acceptable

Tempting pay for many it seems:

"Ms Deakin concludes, “Trust leaders are seeing a slowdown in people willing to join the NHS, as well as looking to join other industries such as hospitality or retail which offer more competitive pay. The sad fact is some can earn more working for online retailers or in supermarkets.

”Nurses can leave ‘if they want to` – they have already had a pay rise, says Thérèse Coffey
14 OCTOBER 2022

nursingnotes.co.uk/news/workfor … s-instead/

FFS

Fuzrat:

commonrail:

Transport | Aldi Recruitment UK

That’s a bit stingy for when night rates apply is it not? (10-4)
Working past 9pm or starting at 4am for day money [emoji383] [emoji33]

stu675:

Fuzrat:

commonrail:

Transport | Aldi Recruitment UK

That’s a bit stingy for when night rates apply is it not? (10-4)
Working past 9pm or starting at 4am for day money [emoji383] [emoji33]

Stobart classed a 1 am starter as a day shift driver , and a 11 am driver as a night shift driver , 1 am starter would on get 1 am- 6 am as night shift money , rest of shift at day shift rate , 11 am starter was classed as a night driver so got full shift at night rate
May of changed as that was a few years ago , when I started , though Corby chilled , I said I wanted day , my first shifts were 1 am starts
Actually it may of been a Corby chilled thing & when stobarts took the depot on they just carried on with it , long time ago so can’t remember