wages

When do you think the wages will rise

Year 3000, not much has changed but we live under water and your great great great granddaughter is pretty fine :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I’ve been on the same place for 8 years and I’m now on 7k more a year than I started on so they’ve obviously gone up,that’s working for a decent company though.

It won’t… They will always be someone willing to drive a lgv for pennies, so I can’t see it changing unless it becomes law!

I asked for a rise recently so they gave me a truck with an higher seat :unamused: :unamused:

I would think when hell freezes over if you think about all the cheap labour that’s available,a situation that,s only going to get worse when the cabotage comes off.Glad im retired and out of it.
regards dave.

Every time I mention wages , they tell me there’s a xtra shift ( o/t) avaliable if I want it :unamused:

Obtain the same attitude as French truck drivers, burning tyres on the motorway ain’t the smartest thing to do , but when the supermarkets start running out of baked beans, maybe the money might be put on the table.

There’s good jobs and good money out there, never advertised, use your loaf and work out who doesn’t advertise, then find your way in.

It’s finding your own niche and earning yourself a good accident free work record/reputation so you’re a safe bet for the company that’s the key to landing them, if you get the nod don’t sod about having a chat for three weeks with the missus mulling over the weekends and odd shift patterns often involved, ■■■■■■ their bloody arm off or you’ll not get a look in, and if you land such a job for crying out loud look after it and don’t take the ■■■■ out of it or it’ll end up like too many of the good jobs have, ruined and now in the hands of Winkanski and DLHski and the like…in other words if you can get £35/40k then give them £35/40k’s worth of driver, it aint rocket science.

Forget the bling and the flash motors, and don’t expect to get top money for chauffering in hire and reward sat on your arse for umpteen hours whilst someone else does all the work (though that suits some people who think 70 hours for 40 hours pay is the dogs danglers), it’s unusual hours graft muck skill care or a combination of some or all that pays the money, usually but not exclusively in unionised companies.

Juddian:
There’s good jobs and good money out there, never advertised, use your loaf and work out who doesn’t advertise, then find your way in.

It’s finding your own niche and earning yourself a good accident free work record/reputation so you’re a safe bet for the company that’s the key to landing them, if you get the nod don’t sod about having a chat for three weeks with the missus mulling over the weekends and odd shift patterns often involved, ■■■■■■ their bloody arm off or you’ll not get a look in, and if you land such a job for crying out loud look after it and don’t take the ■■■■ out of it or it’ll end up like too many of the good jobs have, ruined and now in the hands of Winkanski and DLHski and the like…in other words if you can get £35/40k then give them £35/40k’s worth of driver, it aint rocket science.

Forget the bling and the flash motors, and don’t expect to get top money for chauffering in hire and reward sat on your arse for umpteen hours whilst someone else does all the work (though that suits some people who think 70 hours for 40 hours pay is the dogs danglers), it’s unusual hours graft muck skill care or a combination of some or all that pays the money, usually but not exclusively in unionised companies.

Very well said juddian.
regards dave.

2017 when this so called ‘living wage’ comes in…

But by then, the cost of actually ‘living’ will have shot up again…

samledger1212:

Highly unlikely whilst you have idiots who think that having a flash motor compensates having a low hourly rate.
The only reason they have flash motors is because they pay for them by having a low wage and working all the hours possible,or they are contract leased and never owned by the Company

Seems to be a common thing across the all industries not just haulage, we’re being told that employment is high and companies are finding it difficult to fill vacancies but wages still aren’t going up.

Although Judians right about you need to find the unadvertised jobs and prove you are the type of driver who is a cut above if you want to get decent money.

samledger1212:

My wages rise every year.

I’m only just starting out so I no money isn’t going to be great while I get experience but most work were I live is £8hr and I think that’s a terrible wage when you can drive a van for 7.50 class 1 work is better but most places want 2yrs experience

samledger1212:
I’m only just starting out so I no money isn’t going to be great while I get experience but most work were I live is £8hr and I think that’s a terrible wage when you can drive a van for 7.50 class 1 work is better but most places want 2yrs experience

Learn all you can mate, skill yourself up every day, keep your motor well even if it a wreck, do the job right, perfect that reversing especially blind siders, you never know who you’ll meet and you never know which of your present workmates might find themselves a decent number and get asked if there’s anyone they would recommend, that break into better things might be just round the corner or it might be years away, the better driver you are and the better provable work record you have the better your chances of moving up.

samledger1212:

:open_mouth: I’m on more for class 2 and 7.5t here in Hampshire get that

Juddian:

samledger1212:

Learn all you can mate, skill yourself up every day, keep your motor well even if it a wreck, do the job right, perfect that reversing especially blind siders, you never know who you’ll meet and you never know which of your present workmates might find themselves a decent number and get asked if there’s anyone they would recommend, that break into better things might be just round the corner or it might be years away, the better driver you are and the better provable work record you have the better your chances of moving up.

Ye I will do thanks for advice I’ve got a couple of friends who have been driving a few years I’ve got my class 1 test next Friday start training Monday past class 2 on 29th last month and just passed cpc this morning so well on my way now

blue estate:

samledger1212:

I no a lot of people are think hull is one of the worst paid but I’ll just relocate if I need to a mate of mine who works for a few agencies said that the rate is going up in Jan but I belive it when I see it

samledger1212:

blue estate:

samledger1212:

I no a lot of people are think hull is one of the worst paid but I’ll just relocate if I need to a mate of mine who works for a few agencies said that the rate is going up in Jan but I belive it when I see it

Ave agency wage here is £10 class 2