Wages on the up..

Forgot to add on my last post . It’s gone absolutely mental here in West London , loads of good jobs on offer, and I mean it’s like back to the good old days , where you could jack on a Friday , start s new job Monday . We the drivers now rule the roost again .

green456:

Contraflow:

cheekymonkey:
yeah…does anyone know why there`s two pay rates for the same job i.e. driving a white lorry? Surely if theres any justification for a higher rate it should go to the tramper who sacrifices the most in terms of his time.

Trampers get peekaboo curtains to offset the lower wage.

trampers don’t even get the same vehicle from one day to the next, you may be be out 2 nights return to depot loaded on third and told we need wagon on nights take all your gear out and go home, return at silly oclock in morning and be allocated a diff veh which has just returned from a night run

And people are actually doing this for a lower rate than what the day drivers get?

Jesus, there really are some dumb-■■■ cab-happy clowns out there aren’t there. :unamused:

Contraflow:
And people are actually doing this for a lower rate than what the day drivers get?

Jesus, there really are some dumb-■■■ cab-happy clowns out there aren’t there. :unamused:

Yep, always has been, always will be! :neutral_face:

mr lordi:
Advert in the local rag from Reed/Boardell

Its spelt “Boardall” not “Boardell”:slight_smile:

Pimpdaddy:

mr lordi:

When ‘it is’ is abbreviated it should use an apostrophe. It should therefore read It’s and not Its. :smiling_imp:

£10 p/h day job? Seriously?!
If that’s the case, anyone who thinks I’m gonna fork out £1k+ for a few hrs Class 1 training and a test that I might, on the off chance, pass, then take a pay cut, you can ■■■■ right off!

$2759 CDN in the bank this week for 4 1/2 days work , book your flights now :lol

Oh , plus $454 night out money for my 16 days worked last month , not much but I’ll take it with gratitude tnx

ezydriver:
When ‘it is’ is abbreviated it should use an apostrophe. It should therefore read It’s and not Its. :smiling_imp:

What’s that got to do with wages :unamused: Incidentally, ezy is not a word! if you mean ‘easy’ as in easy driver then there you go :wink:

So does anyone have the answer to why day drivers get a higher rate ? Could it be so the mean ■■■■■■■■ can offset the extra bit they might have to pay for parking, etc ?

There should be no difference in the hourly wage at all except the tramper should get night out paid (obviously) plus parking if applicable and any expenses.

I hear daily about how much drivers are on and to be honest If I believed them I would be working alongside them. Also the same drivers the next week are whinging about how rubbish their firm is :unamused: Don’t they think I remember tem :laughing:

ezydriver:

Pimpdaddy:

mr lordi:

Ok then It’s spelt “Boardall” not “Boardell”:evil:

peterm:
So does anyone have the answer to why day drivers get a higher rate ? Could it be so the mean [zb] can offset the extra bit they might have to pay for parking, etc ?

Maybe. Could also be in a futile attempt to attract day drivers as their location is pretty out in the sticks and the chances are that drivers will have a long commute. Boroughbridge is only a village and you’ve only got small towns to north, south, east and west for a long way until you come to Middlesborough and Darlo in the north, York to the SE and then Leeds to the south. The geography is much the same reason why Stobbies at Goole can’t get drivers (aside from the fact it’s a ■■■■ job).

Left hand down!:
(aside from the fact it’s a [zb] job).

:lol::lol::lol:

Fulham FC:
Jesus why would anyone wOrk for that . I’d rather get rid of all the stress and push trolleys around a Tesco car park for not much less and no worrying about vosa .

Why do people want to push trolleys around tesco car parks or stack shelves in tesco? Are they better paid than say, morrisons or sainsburys? I only ask as we don’t have a tesco near.

nickb67:
£10 p/h day job? Seriously?!
If that’s the case, anyone who thinks I’m gonna fork out £1k+ for a few hrs Class 1 training and a test that I might, on the off chance, pass, then take a pay cut, you can [zb] right off!

Good for you, don’t move up to the north east where £10ph for day driving class 1 is good money. Yes you might get some now saying they are on more, and some will be, but most will be on considerably less.

flat to the mat:
$2759 CDN in the bank this week for 4 1/2 days work , book your flights now :lol

Oh , plus $454 night out money for my 16 days worked last month , not much but I’ll take it with gratitude tnx

Nice :smiley: the average pay up here ( just for peoples info ) is around 20 /22 pounds and hour or on long distance the good payers pay 200/220 pounds a day,please dont start with the cost of livings higher here in Norway,yes some things are expensive ,but what we do is drive to Finland or Sweden once a month and stock up,

I used to work for Bowkers from Bamber bridge,i am sure i was on 400 pounds a week after tax and that was 22 years ago,or maybe i dreamed it, :confused: