Wages on a class 2 tipper - Sheffield based

Just thought I would pose a question for the fine truck drivers of this country - particularly those in the north as to whether this claim could be validated.
I have heard from one of our class 2 drivers, that some drivers of a north based haulage company that are on the same work as some of ours - thats Bulk tipping - tramping out, are being paid £10 / hour for a weeks ( at mo 60+ hours) work. That is based on the Tachograph, hours worked. They also get £25 / night out and £6 a day meal allowance. They claim to be taking home c650 quid a week.

Now, I dont know if regional variations count or indeed if there ia a greater shortage of truck drivers in the north, but this sounds a lot of money for class 2 drivers.
I just wondered if the opinion of the masses could be put forward - just as an interest point of view.

Many thanks in advance.

It might just be true. Day cabbed take home around here can net you £400-500 per week.
Most tipper jobs on Indeed don’t quote wage rates unfortunately.

Well I recently started a job on bulk tippers, driving an 8 -legger and my contract says that weekly, including bonuses and night out allowance, I can take nearly that potentially so it’s either the norm or wages have gone up as my last job, I was only taking about £300 a week

Quite feasible. Even wages in Hull have gone up to around £8/hr and once you get 20 miles outside of Hull the rates go up with both West and South Yorkshire typically paying a couple of quid an hour more.

It certainly isn’t in the realms of the impossible.

The north has had quite a large improvement in the economy, especially in manufacturing, as well as benefitting from companies cost saving - more and more companies are locating warehouses up here because its cheap. There’s several large ones gone up on the M62 near Warrington on a new development. Pallet network I did work for has put on extra trunks, sometimes two a night because there’s that much stuff because of the increase from local manufacturing companies in the YO postcodes.

I’m also from hull myself and one of the biggest company’s pays £7.13 ph and I know one other pays £8.50 seems the best paid work in hull is in the waste sector

Hi guys,first post on here after months of lurking,here goes.
I’ve returned to the tipper game after a gap of approx 5 years,started just before Xmas driving an eight wheeler on a mixture of muck away,road plaining and quarry deliveries in the Leeds,Bradford areas. Pay is £10 ph with no breaks deducted. Not had a quiet day since I started,lots of house building and construction going on,seems the job has really woken up. Taking into account the night out money etc I would say the claims are probably true.

I can take home £1800 a month easily on 50 hours a week not counting overnight money or meal allowance. Pension taken out of that too.
Not tippers but Class2, the overtime rate starts after 7.5 hours a day.