Wages falling Southampton

uk.indeed.com/rc/clk/dl?jk=26b5 … 18b1d791c8

rearaxle:
And people fell for this 54k a year crap, and still are, market is getting flooded now with new passes because folk are thinking 54k is achievable doing a 9 till 5 .

Yes you can earn £800 a week maxed out, break it down and with tax deductions …and away all week…mugs game.

Sent from my SM-T976B using Tapatalk

do just short of 1k a week 60hrs 4 nights out driving an 18t

huddersfield66:

rearaxle:
And people fell for this 54k a year crap, and still are, market is getting flooded now with new passes because folk are thinking 54k is achievable doing a 9 till 5 .

Yes you can earn £800 a week maxed out, break it down and with tax deductions …and away all week…mugs game.

gosh… that’s serious money for driving a lorry

keepthefaith:

huddersfield66:

rearaxle:

I do £900 for 3 days , mon-wed 45 hrs , £21 ph ,agency , driving a proper lorry !!

keepthefaith:

huddersfield66:

rearaxle:

If you take off the Night Out money it’s about £15 an hour straight through.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Roymondo:

keepthefaith:

huddersfield66:

rearaxle:

If you take off the Night Out money it’s about £15 an hour straight through.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Yep.
Making the same £25 n/o money assumption, but assuming 40hrs at standard rate, and 20hrs at timena`alf, about £13 an hour.

Not bad for 18t

Its dead at the docks. I can see a few box companies going under. The small hauliers will suffer most. The big boys have shipping line direct jobs

WheelsofCardiff:
Its dead at the docks. I can see a few box companies going under. The small hauliers will suffer most. The big boys have shipping line direct jobs

One already has

One large container outfit in Southampton offering less than a tenner an hour fairly recently

dozy:

keepthefaith:

huddersfield66:

rearaxle:

I do £900 for 3 days , mon-wed 45 hrs , £21 ph ,agency , driving a proper lorry !!

A proper lorry?
Aye we’ve some Billy big ■■■■■■■■ that have it as a ■■■■ extension at our place that can’t reverse a rigid

If the industry is reducing capacity, due to the anticipated slump coming - then there’s going to be a glut of drivers pretty much everywhere.

Now, downward pressure on wages - need not apply across the board, as not all of us are equal in the panthon after all…

It will still be a challenge for those firms using agency to get the agency to filter out the dross that tries to sign up with them though.

This “Six points OK” lark - has got to stop!

Who’s taking on all the new passes, what with all the HGV driver school wagons I’m seeing out on the roads around Kent these days…
Is it like that across the nation■■?

Winseer:

manalishi:

Ex Haulier:
It looks like pay rates are dropping again. Seen jobs advertised on containers in the Southampton area this week between £11.75 and £13ph. Is this now the going rate?

There’s still a sizeable EE driver pool in that neck of the woods which i imagine plays a primary role in keeping wages stagnant.

There are a lot of hauliers out there who simply cannot afford to take anyone on above £12ph, and therefore have to now go for the 9-points crowd, new passes, and of course anyone with insufficient command of English to know that you can command double that wage by simply looking for the larger contracts actually near to where you live…

Why this assumption that “overnighting” or “Tramping” and “60+ hours” is the only way to get the wages upto a grand a week these days?

In the slump we now appear to have coming, everything is going to be about “making the cut” rather than “who pays what” in any case.

If Half the jobs disappear, but those jobs remaining are paying double the old going rate - just make sure you are not the one trying to get by needing a satnav. :bulb:

If you let them, the first thing that firms will do that have just taken you on for inferior rates - is to then max out your legal hours one way or the other… This compounds the loss of course.

Better to do 30 hours @ £18ph than 45 hours @ £12ph. The wage is exactly the same (£540) but you are commuting to work less often (saving ££££’s with fuel at these prices!) not to mention having more quality time at home with your family, assuming that is your thing of course… “Work/Life Balance”…

You could even opt for 45 hours @ £18ph, lose one shift in three on agency, and STILL end up no worse off.

Personally, I reckon we may well be heading into a “Golden Age of Agency” where those who don’t actually need so many hours per week - get to command the show.

From a firm’s point of view - “who do you want driving your wagons on a friday night?” - Some bod who’s already put in 60 hours that week, or some agency for whom friday night is their core shift, having spent the rest of the week off by choice… “Part Timer”…

60 hours bod is going to be “rush rush rush” before they run out of hours… Part Timer? A nice long relaxing shift with enhanced pay for working into Saturday Morning - and that shift worth THREE of these £12ph rushabout larks, dropped in your lap at 30 minutes notice and all… I still get texts on my phone from agencies I’ve never even met nor signed up with - “Job 30 miles away - start time 90 minutes from now” - that don’t even try to tempt me with £30ph+ rates touted… :open_mouth:

“Basildon” seems to be the main one… “MJD” comes a close second… I once entertained a phone call from Gaffer at MJD for him to say “£145 per shift” and I said “That’s fine, providing I can cap that shift at 10 hours as per night time working time directive”… I never heard from him again. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiling_imp:

What a load of pointless waffle your no better than those you spout about

Conor:
It’ll only become the going rate again if people accept it.

Fully agree. We could do with some sort of Union or national representative to Government.

whisperingsmith:
They never got above £11.50 an hr in Cornwall - the only Brexit benefit we’ve had is higher prices & difficulties exporting our main commodities: Fish & Veg.

We have the very vocal local MP Sherryl Murray pushing hard (not) for us in the south east Cornwall constituency. Bearing in mind her husband was a fisherman she has not really been engaging in campaigning for our livelihood in this area as she probably doesn’t want to ‘rock the boat’.

nigeats:

Conor:
It’ll only become the going rate again if people accept it.

Fully agree. We could do with some sort of Union or national representative to Government.

Agree that is what we want.

What we have is Truss promising stronger anti-union laws.

Already there are stronger anti-protest laws.
Bring it on, lets stop *them* sitting down protesting on the M25. What? *I* cant protest about wages?

And calls for us to leave the ECHR.
Bring it on, get rid of illegal immigrants. What? I don`t have the right to belong to a union?

Franglais, i wouldn’t pay any attention to what Truss or Fishy are saying to get the remaining faithful to vote for them.

No party leader for years has meant a single word they uttered to get in place, their promises and pledges mean nothing, why anyone pays the slightest heed to anything they say or the msm report on i can’t for the life of me understand any more.

Juddian:
Franglais, i wouldn’t pay any attention to what Truss or Fishy are saying to get the remaining faithful to vote for them.

No party leader for years has meant a single word they uttered to get in place, their promises and pledges mean nothing, why anyone pays the slightest heed to anything they say or the msm report on i can’t for the life of me understand any more.

I can see that any promises they make to the few thousand voting will be worth as much as any of their other promises, but they are all in the same tone. They all are part of the direction of travel we are on.
All about taking away the rights of ordinary folk to encourage their rich paymasters to give more funds to “The Party”.
All about dragging us down to be “more competitive”.

The whole background is changing so that actions once seen as extreme, are now everyday because it is the “new normal”.
Look at how the tame media tells us “all politicians are liars” and so many believe it, and repeat it. Because their pet Johnson is one, they give it out that all are the same. A few years ago any one of Johnson`s gaffs would have been a resigning matter, now it is just the norm.
Hoe quickly he has dragged us down to his level.

It didn’t start with Johnson, they’ve all be economical with the truth going back generations.
The first real whoppers i can recall since i became politically aware came with Wilson with ‘the £ in your pocket has not been devalued’, and Heath when he along with others on the gravy train deceived the nation into joining the common market, then along came weapons of mass destruction where events took a much darker turn, its been a steeping dive since.

Johnson is no different than the rest but for some reason people wanted to like this lovable Eton/Bullingdon rogue, like many i saw through him from the start as just another from the bullingdon clone factory.

Juddian:
It didn’t start with Johnson, they’ve all be economical with the truth going back generations.
The first real whoppers i can recall since i became politically aware came with Wilson with ‘the £ in your pocket has not been devalued’, and Heath when he along with others on the gravy train deceived the nation into joining the common market, then along came weapons of mass destruction where events took a much darker turn, its been a steeping dive since.

Johnson is no different than the rest but for some reason people wanted to like this lovable Eton/Bullingdon rogue, like many i saw through him from the start as just another from the bullingdon clone factory.

I see Johnson as being in a league of his own.

All PMs are human beings, some make genuine mistakes, some are “economical with the truth”, or obfuscate, but for blatant lies?
Johnson is the clear winner.

Here is his (partial) pre Prime Ministerial record.
youtube.com/watch?v=0p-Ta83V7iw