Wages deduction?

I left my job last week, I’ve just had my last wage slip and I have been stopped the price of 4 CPC modules, it was never mentioned that it would be deducted if you left the company and I definitely didn’t sign anything. Is it worth going to see someone or just ignore it ■■ :confused:

If you are sure you never signed anything, phone them up and tell them you are taking them to a tribunal for 1. deducting monies from your wages without consent 2. not mentioning the fact that they would take training money out of your wages without your consent, should you leave the company.
Its illegal what they have done, if you did not have an agreement in place, which means a signature, so i would certainly ask them to show you that signature, not merely a piece of paper outlining what would happen should a driver decide to leave.

The only thing I signed was a sheet today I would attend and if I didn’t attend the course then I would be charged the course fee, but nothing regarding paying it back after leaving the company.
I know some contracts have a training fee clause that states any costs through traing can be deducted but I never actually received a contract so that’s not an issue either.

Can’t see that they can do that without some form of prior signed agreement.
Out of interest, How much have they charged you?

Have to say though that if, for example, an employer put me through the cpc and I then left the company shortly afterwards, I would morally feel obliged to repay them the cost of the course. (maybe I’m too nice a person :wink: )

£60 per module

Darb:
£60 per module

At least that price is the bottom end of what some charge for courses. :wink:

alphonsohall:
(maybe I’m too nice a person :wink: )

And maybe I’m not … :wink:

Darb:
I left my job last week, I’ve just had my last wage slip and I have been stopped the price of 4 CPC modules, it was never mentioned that it would be deducted if you left the company and I definitely didn’t sign anything. Is it worth going to see someone or just ignore it ■■ :confused:

It is illegal to make a deduction from wages without your agreement or a court order. Send them an invoice with a letter for the unpaid wages giving them the opportunity to correct the mistake before you pursue legal action against them for illegally withholding your wages.

This wouldn’t be stobarts would it? they did this to me was there for 11 years and they deducted my last cpc…£60

Have you checked your terms and conditions or contract?

Most companies put these clauses in there and don’t ask you to sign something separate.

5RRF:
This wouldn’t be stobarts would it? they did this to me was there for 11 years and they deducted my last cpc…£60

When I left Stobarts they didn’t stop anything for Dcpc training provided you stayed with them for 12 months or they made you redundant!