Wages are going up

Hello drivers,
Anyhow i was working at £9.50hr 3 months back but i went with another company recently at £11.00ph but today ive been offered £11.50ph plus £17.00ph after 9 hrs now that is not bad running from preston, blackburn, bolton,area as i am ltd. but last week i was offered £250.00 for one night so its looking quite good for us chaps just need people to stop working for peanuts to push the pennys up. Anyone else had decent offers :wink:

I agree rates are creeping up slowly but surely but there will always be “heroes” who will work for peanuts

When peanuts become money…

…I’ll be collecting snickers bullion. :stuck_out_tongue:

Heroes.jpg
Heroes just don’t compare. :unamused:

Talking to the agency yesterday, there’s a real shortage of drivers for the graveyard runs and its getting worse. I suggested if the hauliers want those shifts filled then they’ll have to put the rates up significantly, he didn’t seem surprised.

robbo99:
I agree rates are creeping up slowly but surely but there will always be “heroes” who will work for peanuts

LOL, was it not just 2 months ago some numpty on here said he’d work class 1 for £4.50 p/h?

LOL, was it not just 2 months ago some numpty on here said he’d work class 1 for £4.50 p/h?
[/quote]
Doesnt surprise me :frowning:

Got offered a job for 7.50 per hour for 12 hour night shifts , no overtime … Class 1 work

good for you mate, but iv turned 3 down in the last week on agency for 9.00 so theyre still trying it on and most will buckle for that

That’s what I thought it takes the ■■■■ a bit !!

I have seen rates (For the same job) change from flat £9 to £10/£15OT to £11/16.50 up to £12/£18 in a matter of minutes

They call you up and offer the £9 when they can afford to pay £12/£18, some of the “Yes Men” just take the £9 which results in the agencies laughing their ■■■■■ off at said “Yes Men”. Not a bad earner, £3 p/h for 8 hours and £9 p/h for overtime - Up to £80.25 a 14.25 (15) shift

Certainly is a drivers market at the moment.

We asked for a pay last month, got told yesterday that there will be no payrise due to a few drivers who arent pulling there weight but they are going to pay a bonus when the trucks earnings threshold

scotstrucker:
We asked for a pay last month, got told yesterday that there will be no payrise due to a few drivers who arent pulling there weight but they are going to pay a bonus when the trucks earnings threshold

Time to leave then, or will you do like most drivers do and carry on regardless whilst moaning about it to anyone who’ll listen? :bulb:

Left hand down!:

scotstrucker:

Time to leave then, or will you do like most drivers do and carry on regardless whilst moaning about it to anyone who’ll listen? :bulb:

Exactly. Just leave. I left a job a few weeks ago that I’d been in for 10 years because they were paying £110 for a 12 hour night shift (class 1). This was acceptable during the recession, but times have changed. I didn’t even bother asking for a payrise because they’re notoriously resistant to that kind of thing. So I just left. Within a week my phone rang 3 times. “Any chance you could come and cover such and such a run mate? We’re desperate.” “Yeah, for £12.50 and hour”. “Can’t do that mate”. “Can’t cover your run then”. So I sat at home reading.

I’ve rested for a few weeks, and the first job I applied for rang me within 30 minutes of submitting my CV and have set up a driving assessment on Saturday. The best part of it is that I will earn the same money in 42 hours that I did working almost 60 with my previous employer. Not only this, but I was also told the pay with my potential new employer is also under negotiation.

The times are definitely-a-changing. Just leave.

nationaldebtclock.co.uk

There is money to be had, if you work through the agencies youve got to be as cunning as they are, when they tell you they are desperate then “negotiate a rate” immediately springs
to mind, if they need your services badly enough they will pay it, (within reason of course) If you jump in at their first offer then you only have yourself to blame. If you work direct for a firm and they run you ragged and pay you peanuts and the owner tells you that there is no money to be had whilst driving out of the yard in their Range Rover sport, then maybe its time to move on. :smiley:.

Agree.

It was all £10 ph in march and been slowly getting better since then. DHL have just gone from £10.25 to £11.50 through one of my agencies.

Don’t think it will be long til the moaning yes men cotton on to the fact there is better money out there and moving abut a bit on agency is what you need to do to keep em honest.

Had a conversation with an agent who is reasonably straight (for an agent) last week who said as long as you are 1-english 2-no the job and 3-turn up it name your price. Said three times last week a driver had said no and named a price and the company agreed instantly on the phone just to get a decent driver they knew. Rates in derby area are now £12 ltd £18 after 8 hours.

I’m making hay while it lasts £14ph on nights min 10 hours 5 shifts. So starting £700 pw. Pay for my holidays in jan when theres no work…

calsdad:
Rates in derby area are now £12 ltd £18 after 8 hours.

Same in quite a few area’s now. The DCPC has turned out to be a blessing in disguise and pushed up the rates to the point that every “Recruitment Consultant” I speak to moans that I earn more than they do! :laughing:

Left hand down!:

scotstrucker:

Time to leave then, or will you do like most drivers do and carry on regardless whilst moaning about it to anyone who’ll listen?

4 guys leaving on friday (2 of the lay abouts are going), i aint leaving as am going on sick at end of month as having a bowel cancer op, then when i get back i may consider going self employed or finding another job.

scotstrucker:

Left hand down!:

scotstrucker:

Time to leave then, or will you do like most drivers do and carry on regardless whilst moaning about it to anyone who’ll listen?

4 guys leaving on friday (2 of the lay abouts are going), i aint leaving as am going on sick at end of month as having a bowel cancer op, then when i get back i may consider going self employed or finding another job.

hope all goes well with the op

chicane:

scotstrucker:

Left hand down!:

scotstrucker:

hope all goes well with the op

thanks