wag+drag pics

drag or bogie??

Bogie, but i bet it dragged as well !

Hello
Heres some ■■■■■■■■ Drawbars (know around my patch as drags too).
■■■■■■■■ Gill

5664042239_d0da135f4a.jpg

Immingham today.

Barton upon Humber,N.Lincs.

Ulceby,Immingham and Grimsby.

Immingham.

Ulceby.

Immingham.

Barton upon Humber.

My old wag and drag…

IMG_0680.jpg

Germany

Italy

Holland

Albania

Greece

Norway

Sweden

Immingham today.

Here’s a recent picture of mine taken in Newcastle after loading a small but heavy lump of steel.

This one was operated by Swish Building Products Tamworth a few years ago.

scan0024.jpg

a couple of ours
the front

the middle

the back

when loaded

heres a pic of our drawbar at work

kindle530:
Germany

Italy

Holland

Albania

Greece

Norway

Sweden

How do you reverse theses lorries ? I can see it will be the same as an artic with the fixed axles at the back how do you do it with a turn table ? Tony

Hi,trying to post some pics,1st time i,ve tried this…The first pic,Volvo L10 Anglian windows is an A frame drawbar combination with demountable bodies.This is a proper wagon and drag…
Picture 2 Volvo FH12 Silver Wolf is not a drawbar in the true sense,I refer to this as a drawbeam combo,this is reversed similar to an articulated vehicle.
As a matter of interest,when I was working at Dodds Transport the company had wagon and drags on contract to Hitachi,delivering TV,s ect.The vehicles were Leyland cruisers with drag trailers however due to being over lenght(18M)they had fitted between the A frame a telescopic ram to pull the combo within the lenght requirement…So when you turned a corner the ram would extend so as to allow the bodies not to foul each other…Now that was a load of fun trying to reverse…a whole new techique to master because to much on the steering would just push out the ram(12 feet)result…trailer going nowhere only expanding the ram…lost a lot of sweat blood and tears mastering that combo(sorry no pic)
Hope this helps.I drove all these vehicles…