** Wabco Haldex Scania**

Can anyone tell me what ABS system a scania 164 2004 580 uses. Is it Wabco or Haldex.
I’ve got codes
4-4
3-5
2-1

Codes that mean very different things if you go by Wabco codes , Scania Codes, Haldex codes.

Does anyone know what these codes mean. What are the faults?

It could be either - Chances are the abs ring is warped and or sensors need replacing or adjusting

9 times out of 10 on a 164 a sensor has moved

Thanks for replies

I think the abs on truck is fine now as light comes on when key is turned on, and goes out when now once started. It was W18 BULB which was gone.

I have another issue now, the truck has EBS the trailer it pulls has abs. I could not get trailer abs light to go out, I tested sensors replaced one which was not throwing out a voltage, plus that wheel needed a dust cover as whole inside of drum was caked with dirt. I thought this would have sorted it, but it has not. I also get the 3rd abs light on when I plug in light connection to trailer ( tail lights , indicators, brake light). This 3rd abs light is ‘’ You’re pulling a trailer with NO ABS FITTED’’ light , but trailer has ABS.
Could all this be a compatibility issue. Apparently on a Scania with EBS if it pulls a trailer with a brake light powered abs system the trailer ABS light stays on.

Today I took ABS CONNECTION off and sprayed some WD40 on it, shook off excess and plugged back in.
TRIALER ABS LIGHT WENT OUT !! I THOUGHT I SOLVED IT
But no, if I turn off truck and turn ignition on the trailer ABS light does not come on, it should, truck abs light comes on. So I have gone from trying to get light out, to a point where warning light refuses to come on at all, even when ignition is turned on. I thought I must have blown a bulb , but no I tried that.

So what is after happening , no trailer abs warning light comes on with ignition.

Yes there is a compatibility issue on some models - but I wouldn’t use WD40 on anything like that. It becomes like glue after a while and needs to be cleaned off. If anything use GT85 teflon spray.

Sorry can’t be more help

If the light is not coming on or going out, before you’ve moved anywhere, it’s a static fault which will usually be bad sensors, bad wiring, or worst case bad electronics in the trailer ABS modulator. Compatibility problems are less likely really but not unheard of. Take it the unit is fine with other trailers.