w t d

What can my employer do if i cancel my wtd opt out clause and insist on a 48 hour working week . I understand 48 hours in this game can be hard to manage but i am not complaining about a few hours per week .Iam complaining about 12-14 hours per week my firm will not give way and reduce working so i belive i have no choice but to cancell my agreement

It’s an average of 48 hrs over a set period of weeks usually 17 or more, are you saying he’s making you work too many hours? If so then come the end of the reference period you’ll be over your hours. And are you saying you want to stick to 48 hrs a week and no more because if you are then I don’t think he’ll be too happy with that.
If you’re hourly paid then use more poa, to keep your working hours down.

gaz7282:
What can my employer do if i cancel my wtd opt out clause and insist on a 48 hour working week . I understand 48 hours in this game can be hard to manage but i am not complaining about a few hours per week .Iam complaining about 12-14 hours per week my firm will not give way and reduce working so i belive i have no choice but to cancell my agreement

If you mean you’ve opted out of the 48 hour week then either you’re wrong or you’re not an HGV driver driving on EU regulations.

For drivers who work to EU regulations there is no opt out from the average 48 hour week and if anyone has told you different they’re talking rubbish.

As bald bloke said you’re legally allowed to work an average of 48 hours per week over the reference period, this is working time which excludes breaks and POA.

tachograph:

gaz7282:

If you mean you’ve opted out of the 48 hour week then either you’re wrong or you’re not an HGV driver driving on EU regulations.

For drivers who work to EU regulations there is no opt out from the average 48 hour week and if anyone has told you different they’re talking rubbish.

As bald bloke said youre legally allowed to work an average of 48 hours per week over the reference period, this is working time which excludes breaks and POA.

Can’t fully understand what’s he is on about but I think he wants to do his 48 hrs a week and no more .

bald bloke:

tachograph:

gaz7282:

As bald bloke said youre legally allowed to work an average of 48 hours per week over the reference period, this is working time which excludes breaks and POA.

Can’t fully understand what’s he is on about but I think he wants to do his 48 hrs a week and no more .

The only opt out for drivers is the night working rules, however if 2 out of 3 drivers agree to it, it means all three drivers are opted in.

gaz7282:
What can my employer do if i cancel my wtd opt out clause and insist on a 48 hour working week.

As has already been said, there is no opt out, all mobile workers must average 48 hours of working time per week or less over the reference period, with no one week exceeding 60 hours. Working time means driving and other work, break and POA do not count towards it.

So if your employer is forcing you to average over 48h then they are breaking the law.

Paul

Why worry about it when no authority checks on it?

ROG:
Why worry about it when no authority checks on it?

ROG,

Whether any authority checks on it or enforces it isn’t really the point IMHO.

Whether we like it or not, it is the law; so if the authorities do or don’t check on it, then that a matter for those authorities and their political masters.

Is it possible that if there’s a problem and the authorities decide that somebody needs to be busted, then busted they will be even if the WTD is the only thing they can get them for?

May be i put this wrong . I have been in a driving job for 15 years with a contract saying 48 hours … same hours of work for the last 12 years …then comes tupe … new employers who are saying my working week of 48 hours is over 17 week s i am saying not … what comes first contracted hours , or wtd hours ,

gaz7282:
May be i put this wrong . I have been in a driving job for 15 years with a contract saying 48 hours … same hours of work for the last 12 years …then comes tupe … new employers who are saying my working week of 48 hours is over 17 week s i am saying not … what comes first contracted hours , or wtd hours ,

Does your contract say an average of 48 hrs a week or just 48 hrs a week? We are salaried for 48 hrs average and you take the rough with the smooth.

gaz7282:

Other people will know more about this than I do but I would have thought that if your contract says 48 hours per week then 48 hours per week it is.

Bear in mind though that road transport isn’t a job you can work to strict hours to and does need some degree of flexibility :wink: