w t break

Started at 11 am had my 30 before 6 hours and my other 30 mins at 7pm . do I need another wt break as I don’t envisage finishing this shift until 00.00 and if so how long a 15 or a 30 minn break I won’t require the 4.5 hourly break as I am only 90 min from depot

I didn’t think those regulations were enforced if you drove a ■■■■■■.

1 - You don’t need another break.

2 - You only needed 15 minutes at 6 hours.

3 - Your second break could have been 15 minutes if it meant going home 15 minutes earlier as you only need 45 minutes total for shifts over 9 hours.

■■■■■■00:
Started at 11 am had my 30 before 6 hours and my other 30 mins at 7pm . do I need another wt break as I don’t envisage finishing this shift until 00.00 and if so how long a 15 or a 30 minn break I won’t require the 4.5 hourly break as I am only 90 min from depot

unless its company policy
you didn’t need 30 at or before 6hrs only 15min then plod on till you reached 4.5 driving to take a 30 …

If you took a 30 min at 7pm (1700 ) that would mean you started at 1930 so take that from 24 and you’ll have your answer and that is NO crack on :unamused:

Thanks all

LeedsChris:

Where did he say he was Frank Maloneys’ chauffeur?

Cotswoldcrunch:

LeedsChris:

Boom boom…joking aside though, i never knew that transit van drivers had to work under tachograph rules.

LeedsChris:

Cotswoldcrunch:

LeedsChris:

Boom boom…joking aside though, i never knew that transit van drivers had to work under tachograph rules.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: . You’re such a sweet boy Chris. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yes so sweet . can never see us double manning hun x

On a lighter note so I know for next time if your doing a 14 hour day and the 6 hour and the 4.5 hour breaks have been taken care of.

Providing the rest of the remaining hours will be spent doing other work and little driving I presume that there is no need for any further wtd breaks before 14 or 15 hours.

So I know for next time.

■■■■■■00:
Yes so sweet . can never see us double manning hun x

On a lighter note so I know for next time if your doing a 14 hour day and the 6 hour and the 4.5 hour breaks have been taken care of.

Providing the rest of the remaining hours will be spent doing other work and little driving I presume that there is no need for any further wtd breaks before 14 or 15 hours.

So I know for next time.

As long as you don’t reach 6 hours work from the end of your last break there would be no need for any further breaks. Remember it’s not just a WTD break for the first 6 hours of work, it’s any 6 hour period of work in the shift.

WT break can be split into 15-15-15 if you want to. just to confuse you a little more!

you need 30 mins between 6-9 hours and another 15 between 9-12 hours…but

between 6-12 hours is 6 hours (obviously) so if you do 12:01 duty time then you need 30 mins again, but like I said, it can be broken into 15 slots. so if you have done
15 and you’re just hitting another 6 hours working after your last WT break then you only need 15.

hope I’ve helped… I very much doubt it though!

Well I will find out if I get another incumbent infringement soon

sw1ller:
you need 30 mins between 6-9 hours and another 15 between 9-12 hours…but

First bit is correct but there is nothing that states you need a specific amount of breaks by 12 hours. It’s just 45 minutes for anything over 9 hours. You can do a 15 hour shift and still only have 3 x 15 minute breaks providing you don’t need a driving break at some point.

between 6-12 hours is 6 hours (obviously) so if you do 12:01 duty time then you need 30 mins again

You only need 15 minutes after a 6 hour stint, not 30.

Everything in this post refers to the work time done inside a shift - not the shift time …
This is also assuming that the total driving done in this shift is no more than 4.5 hours so the driving time break rules can be ignored

At no time must 6 hours be done without at least a 15 min break

If the total time is between 6 and 9 hours then a total of 30 mins is needed which can be 15 + 15
OR - NOT BOTH
If the total time is over 9 hours then a total of 45 mins is needed which can be 15 + 15 +15

Example (work includes some driving)
work 6 hours
15 break
work 6 hours
15 break
work 2 hours
15 break
work 15 mins