W.Humphreys of London 111 and F88

euromat:
i always thought the pink panther was humphries truck, or am i getting confused with the scarlt pimpernell??

incidentally, where is the pink panther now, anyone know??

The pink panther is still parked in the same spot as in the photo euromat.
Its just off the wrexham ind est north wales and owned by john roberts who used to subbie for Williams Bros Wales which then became Williams TDG.
He ran 140 called the Green Sweed and the pink panther was bought for parts when he restored the green motor.

i love the f88 that one had a blue and red leather interior done by dougie thompson who did most of the custom truck interiors in the 80,sand regulary appeared in trucking international give tips on diy truck interior customising

Nice! That Humphreys Scannie was featured in one of the first Truck & Driver’s that i bought. Probably about ‘87 :confused: It’s in the loft buried under the next 19years’ worth of them!

I’ve got a brilliant photo of that humphreys Scania here,but havn’t a clue how to get it on ere. Its A4 size bmp image 99.5 mb. put it on picasa changed it to jpeg its now 14.2mb. Photobucket wont upload it.
Or is it me :laughing:
Bob.

On the Picasa EXPORT tab resize it to 640 & stick it on your desktop. Then go to Photobucket & Browse. Find it on the Desktop &, Voilà !!!

are we going to get a picture :question: :laughing: …If its worked cheers H.

ps no ogling my mrs. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lovely!!! :laughing:

bobw:
ps no ogling my mrs. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That looks like Donna Ewin to me, or as the Sun used to call her “dishy Donna Ewin”,

the rubbish my brain remembers :blush: :blush:

i know the man who used to own that scania ive got some great pics of the inside, its all done in red push button leather. used to park at erith near belvedere

any chance we can see thepics then 530? :slight_smile:

they are at my parents house in spain at mo going over soon then i’ll put them on mate :smiley:

nice one mate,
i can vaugely remember then being in a truck mag in the 80’s would be nice to see them again :slight_smile:

the 140 last herd of owed by a docker at sheerness dock who was going to restore it

harry:
David James Chinnery Is a name from the past. I think we worked on the same firm once. …I was on Malta Cross when they started ,doing Cheshunt Marsielles with containers…And its obviously not Andy’s old pink rig , so apologies,etc. Still a technicolor yawn tho’ ! :laughing:

Harry dont mind me asking,did Malta cross become Eurocross with a driver called Bill Glasgow and Pat Shaw?.I remember seeing them in dunkirk they had six wheel tractor units one was an F88 an Pat had an F89 it was supposed to be the first 89 in england they were painted red.I think Tony who drove the SCA fiat road train worked for Maltacross b4 SCA?