W H Malcolms

Hello all

Was thinking of applying for w h malcolms at castleford on nights i hear they pull glass bottles and ikea products,and use to pull plaster board but thats finished with now.Anyone done any work for malcolms on nights if so whats work like i,m guessing all rdc work,trunking on nights

They’re permanently after drivers at Haydock.A lot of night work there is Scotland and back.Don’t know if its the same elsewhere.

Night drivers in scotland get £100 a shift.The shift is only 10 hours but expect to be pushed hard and told to hurry up alot.Says alot also looking for drivers in scotland all the time now.

they run lots of silly high trailers for bottle contracts (over 16 ft)

and they dont have straps in them ,

just bits of bailer twine .

i kid you not !!

otherwise easy enough .

I’m in and out of O.I Glass in Harlow where they load glass bottles ect, every time I see a trailer being loaded it is strapped to the hilt, so dont know where you get your info from.

I did agency work with Malcoms down at Crick a few years ago working nights.
I can confirm they had trailers with no straps , only crappy bits of rope for strapping glass bottles.
The agency warned me in advance there trucks where rubbish and they were not joking.
I had to reject trucks most nights until I found one worth using.
They had baldy tyres knackered gearboxes and clutches etc.
They liked to get there moneys worth out of you having you flying around non stop.
I would not of normally worked for idiots like this but I was on good money and the agency had been honest with me and I was not based with Malcoms all the time it was just odd nights.