W&D and Artic tests

Hi All
Carring on from my last thread( mess up of revercing etc) I wrote,
Hi All
I have read all the replies with great intrest.
I will agree with you about training in a vehicle that you intend to drive, that is I wanted to do. It turned out to be almost impossible to do so arround here any way. I contacted Big Wheelers no reply I then found out through this site they had gone, there is also 1st Class Trucking who use a very old artic. We saw it at the test center when I did my C. My instructor said what an dreadful vehicle to do a test in.(I have not seen it on the road since). I contacted a few others but they only used W&D. So I went back to Sterling especially as they gave me £100 off and one days free training.

When I thought about what has been said regarding W&D driving and Artic driving after the test. When I suddenly thought they are empty! So what ever one drives after their test will be completely different.

When I thought about what has been said regarding W&D driving and Artic driving after the test. When I suddenly thought they are empty! So what ever one drives after their test will be completely different.

The turning circles and road space needed will still be the same for each type but each type has a different take on the forementioned.
The weight will affect the acceleration and braking as well as the centrifugal forces.

In my opinion you should just get your licence in whatever you are comfortable driving and remember this, passing you test does not mean you are a fully experienced driver, it just means you have learned enough to continue your training on your own.

I passed in a very small wagon & Drag, then signed up with an agency and practiced on another companies artics. That was a few years ago and I am still learning today.

Just go for it and good luck!

Carl