vu download

I am sitting here passing the time on this website as I sit in my truck on my phone trying to do a vu download. I have a stoneridge unit and a RHA approved digi down downloader. I have had to do a “all vu download” as last time I did a “latest” it did not seem to work properly. It has been going well over an hour now and I simply cannot believe how long it is taking!!!

Does it normally take this long to do a “all vu download”? Surely something must be wrong with it?

Any thoughts from any of you very welcome…

I did not mean to post this 3 times… The joys of doing things on your phone!!

you doing a whole down load ffs that’s gonna take years lol…
next time put card in plug downloader in and press middle button that’ll down load data from last download… looks like your doing the whole lot by the sounds of it

IIRC the whole lot takes up to and possibly more than 2 hours

At least it’s not broken then. Thanks for the replies. It’s still going right now and I was getting to the point where I was going to throttle myself with a ratchet strap! I’m just going to have to hold out for a bit longer.

Oh joy! Literally just finished. Total time 1hr 51 mins. Cheers people.

mattgump:
I did not mean to post this 3 times…

It’s OK Matt, I’ve fixed it for you. :wink: :smiley:

I try & do mine of an evening when I’m on a night out as you’re right they take a ridiculously long time to download, you’d think with today’s technology they could speed things up a lot.

Silver_Surfer:
I try & do mine of an evening when I’m on a night out as you’re right they take a ridiculously long time to download, you’d think with today’s technology they could speed things up a lot.

A total mass memory download has an awful lot of bytes to find.

Ours has a serial port for downloading to the downloader and takes hours. Has usb for puting it onto the computer though which is much quicker. Dunno why it isn’t usb for both with a usb slot on the vu.

Snowgo:
Ours has a serial port for downloading to the downloader and takes hours. Has usb for puting it onto the computer though which is much quicker. Dunno why it isn’t usb for both with a usb slot on the vu.

Because even before they arrived in 2006 digi tacos were already about 10 years old. The actual size of the file is pretty tiny, it’s just the ■■■■■ old technology that means it takes an age to transfer the data from the vu.

Even for a monthly or bi monthly it takes ages wheel nut, for the whole vu it could take a couple of hours.

I did two full downloads yesterday , took about 1 1/2 hours ! ( luckily I left it downloading while I did something else )

Then it took a couple of minutes to transfer it to my laptop !!